[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - I need your help

I need your help

Post here any topic that has little or nothing to do with anything else.

I need your help

Postby Justin Klare » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:36 pm

Ok so I am fixing to start my emt class on the 28th. i got a phone call today from my uncle in corpus. he was talking to the assistant fire chief and they were talking about me. my uncle gets to asking him if they require being a emt or paramedic and the guy tells him that you don't have to be either and to tell me to apply online becuase they were hiring until the end of august. so what do i do? do i take the emt class and wait, or do i apply. i need to talk to the assistant chief in corpus myself to find out more information. from what i read on the website is that you have to live within 60 minutes, i live 80 minutes from corpus. so there's one problem. their pay is $200 less a month than victoria (Huge shock). if i take my emt and stay in victoria, then after 2 years i am required to be a paramedic or i am gone. i wanted to be a fire fighter since the age of 3 and that's what i wanted to be, not a emt or paramedic. so really i am stuck. do i waste money on the emt course which i have a good feeling will fail the national registry, or do i just apply with corpus? as far as i know all i would be is strictly a fire fighter which is what i always wanted. i just don't know. input would be greatly appreciated.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:07 am

Personally I would Say take the EMT and paramedic class... Reason being will you always wanna live in Corpus? And Victoria is not the only City that requires these classes to be a Firefighter. If you take the class you will able to be a Fire fighter any where you choose. not just were they do not require these classes.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:13 pm

I'm leaning towards agreeing with Kris on this one.
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby SVO » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:28 pm

Ditto!
SVOC Federation of Techno-ology

Official copious user of the :finger
SVO

Postby Justin Klare » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:46 pm

well i think i made up my mind and I lack original thought with you all. thanks for yall's help.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby blee1099 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:28 pm

if you enjoying riding the ambulance then by all means commit yourself to becoming a paramedic. Personally even though I no longer volunteer, I don't think I'd be on one since often times you'll be stuck on it. I can understand if there is a rotation of members who will alternate riding but out here once you volunteer to man the ambulance, your unforuntely stuck on it.. As a result you often see a high number of emt/paramedics turnover rate.
Crazy Asian
blee1099

Postby Justin Klare » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:27 pm

victoria swaps. they work 1 on 2 off and say today i was on the fire truck, tuesday i would be on the ambulance and then friday i would be on the truck again. they alternate every shift.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Return to Chit-Chat