[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - What was for dinner?

What was for dinner?

Post here any topic that has little or nothing to do with anything else.

What was for dinner?

Postby TxPlates » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:55 pm

I'll start off...

Tonight it was a shrimp and turkey sausage pasta with some homemade salsa mix.

Shrimp - I've been using 1lb of large shrimp
Package of turkey sausage sliced
Penne Pasta - I've been using some whole wheat tastes just as good
Red pepper cut up
Cilantro - chopped up
Extra virgin olive oil
Garlic ( either salt sprinkled on or chopped up will work - depends on how lazy I am that day)
Onion - sliced up how every you want
I start off with getting the pasta boiled
Chop up the sausage and get it going
While the sausage is cooking - I chop up the cilantro, onions and peper and toss them in a bowl with the shrimp and spread the EVOO and garlic
on it and let it sit for min for some flavor
After the sausage is mostly done then throw in that mix with the shrimp and stuff with the sausage cook till done
Tonight I did a little splurge - I took some hot peppers 5 of them (can't think of they're name but if you wanna add this remind me tomorrow and I'll get the name - I have a huge bag from Fiesta haha) some cilantro, 1/2 a tomato, 3 pieces of garlic and 1/4 cup of water ran it through the blender and then thew it on the mix of the sausage and shrimp medley before I put it all with the pasta

Maria likes to add some parmesan cheese on top when she serves hers - I've tried it, its pretty tasty - so take it how you like.

I figure we can update this, that way I'll get ideas for new meal ideas :)
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Re: What was for dinner?

Postby TexasArmadillo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:00 am

I'll follow up.
I was going to also do a shrimp pasta dish, but I got lazy.

Becky was treated to beer and ice cream. I on the other hand had corn dogs and a cheese sandwich. This was washed down with some Jack and Coke.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum RunnerImage
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby TxPlates » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:29 pm

Tonight I'm trying to re-create a chicken style chipotle burrito.

Grilled marinaded chicken chipped up
Chopped lettuce
Mozzarella Cheese
Sour cream
Spanish rice mixed with cilantro
Charro beans
Can of rote with chopped up onions and jalapeños ( I ran out of time to make my own pico)
And I love the green tabasco

Didn't get a picture of the final burrito cause I was starving by the time Maria got home, but it turned out extremely well.
Last edited by TxPlates on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TexasArmadillo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:10 pm

NY Strip
Asparagus
Perogies
Carrots
Curscant

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby TxPlates » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:27 pm

Ok I think we can also put Mike down as a chef as well ! That steak looks delicious!
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TexasArmadillo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:33 pm

I couldn't accept a finer complement. I see a cook off in our future.

TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby TxPlates » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:41 pm

I lack original thought :)
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:59 pm

Tonight is crunchy tacos, I'm sure no one wants to be bored with this...

Anyone else?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:07 pm

KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:49 pm

Sound good, that's also opened up for a lot of possibilities to add things to it - and throwing all of that in a hard taco bowl shell.

Nice Randall!
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Decided to add some jalapeño, red bell pepper and of course, hot sauce.

For the rice, I put some EVOO in a pan along with 1/8 of an onion and 1/4 cup of diced cilantro. Browned the rice on medium heat, then added 1.5 cups of water and covered it until all the water was soaked up. Also added a seasoning packet of cilantro/tomato.

Attachments
image-2863173719.png
image-2863173719.png (1007.07 KiB) Viewed 9109 times
image-4010883198.png
image-4010883198.png (924.37 KiB) Viewed 9109 times
image-508880046.png
image-508880046.png (955.95 KiB) Viewed 9109 times
image-163983455.png
image-163983455.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 9109 times
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:51 pm

I'm so proud of Randall venturing outside his circle, great job looks awesome. Looks like next time you're cooking for the group!
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:04 pm

[ATTACH]12[/ATTACH]

Rice, same as last time. Stir fried some zucchini with a jalapeño. Then scrambled a couple eggs. Add the three together, then after the photo was taken, added some hot sauce and cheese. Turned out pretty good. Might have burned some of the rice. Hahaha.

Attachments
image-2023684964.png
image-2023684964.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 9107 times
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:51 am

Nice sounds good. Last night was marinaded steaks and grilled corn, pretty sure no need for a recipe there lol.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TexasArmadillo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:23 pm

I had Chik-fil-a.

TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby zavaral » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Up for today's menu is a perfectly cooked pork chop on top of rice with a cream of mushroom sauce. Side dishes contain a bacon mashed potatoe combination and some french style green beans. Topped off with two crossant rolls.

[ATTACH]13[/ATTACH]
Attachments
2012-01-22 17.53.15-1.jpg
2012-01-22 17.53.15-1.jpg (23.11 KiB) Viewed 9102 times
zavaral

Postby TxPlates » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Damnit, that sounds good and looks good!
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby zavaral » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:19 am

Oh it was rather amazing. So good I'm actually looking foward to left overs tomarrow.
zavaral

Postby TxPlates » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:02 pm

Steak and Shrimp Stir Fry tonight...

We start with my favorite part (and a new attempt) the spicy red peppers

Then...the shrimp - marinaded in some garlic salt, a little EVOO and some crushed red peppers

Next we have the meat. thin milenasia steak cut up and marinaded in some garlic salt, soy saucce, teriyaki, worhchester sauce..

And then add the veggies and mix it all together and then top it off with rice...
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby zavaral » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:29 pm

That looks really good.
zavaral

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:41 pm

God damnit that looks good. I see you are using my signature ingredient (crushed red pepper). :D
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Justin Klare » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:01 am

parker is supposed to post a club vote as to me not getting to eat any of his cooking. any agree with his motion? I! :)
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:49 am

I vote against, but all he really has to do is add some peppers to acheive the same result. :poke
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:37 pm

True that !! Hahah and your ingredient crushed red pepper, I've been using that for years!!!
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:33 am

Boring old grilled hamburgers last night, with a beer.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Next

Return to Chit-Chat