[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Cleaning products

Cleaning products

Post here any topic that has little or nothing to do with anything else.

Cleaning products

Postby TxPlates » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Well I'd like to take nice care of the beautiful shine that my Audi has, so I've ordered a few things to help keep her beautiful.

A nice wash mitt - help keep the dirt and grit off the mitt while cleaning

A set of detail brushes for the small parts of the wheels

A large wheel brush for the main parts of the wheels

A wheel well brush - of course to clean inside the wheel well

A foam gun to do the cleaning

A grit guard for the bottom of the bucket to keep all the nasty from getting back into the wash mitt
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Re: Cleaning products

Postby BigTim55 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:36 pm

So you're just too good to wash your car the old fashion way?! Lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:40 pm

My Audi? Yes. I'd like to eliminate the scratches and swirls that come with regular washing.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TexasArmadillo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:01 pm

I want to go the same to Becky's truck. I like the wash bucket strainer. I wash both my trucks by hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby Justin Klare » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:43 pm

I don't wash mine.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby TxPlates » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:28 am

Mike the suggested method is 3 bucket, 3 strainers. 1 for wash, 1 one for rinse, 1 for wheels only. But I'm. Not rich so we'll make do with 1 bucket for now lol. But I've watched some videos and by using that foam gun, you wash as you go and rinse off, less likely go get dirt stick while washing. Well worth the few dollars you spend on items you get to reuse.

TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TexasArmadillo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:52 am

I use the two bucket method. Basically I don't have a tire bucket. I normally just wash the tires last.

I want one of these:
http://www.meguiars.com/en/professional ... v-us-plug/

It is the Meguiar polishing tool. You can use it injunction with one of their products to remove "spider webbing" and scratches.

TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby TxPlates » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:26 am

Yea amazon has their polisher for $149 I believe. Suppose to be great and won't allow you to mess up the paint for.

TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Ordered this tonight.

Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TexasArmadillo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:52 pm

I use that. It is good stuff. It keeps the shine on my Explorer for a few extra days.

TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:30 pm

I try to use one of these whenever possible.

KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Well yea. But they need the stuff to use on the cars, duh. Never said I would do it myself lol.

TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Alright. 2 hours just doing the exterior.

Attachments
image-2321653154.jpg
image-2321653154.jpg (460.07 KiB) Viewed 3418 times
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Still looks pretty dirty. Isn't that thing supposed to be white?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:51 pm

You're just plain mean.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Return to Chit-Chat