[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Adult Soap Box Derby 2015

Adult Soap Box Derby 2015

Post here any topic that has little or nothing to do with anything else.

Adult Soap Box Derby 2015

Postby TxPlates » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Ok so Marble Falls has an adult soap box derby every year. I've been to the last few years and it's pretty interesting. They have food vendors, adult beverages etc and it's on main street with all the bars. They close off several of the roads and so everyones free to walk around watching, drinking and enjoying the show.This occurs on father's day weekend every year apparently (I didn't realize this till this weekend lol). So it starts Friday night with the first trial runs, Saturday during the day and ends on Sunday.

So with that said, I think our group should take this next year and research and build a Demon4x4 soap box rig to enter for next year. Any takers? I'm sure with all of us there are enough to build a team.

Agree to be part of the team and start throwing out some ideas on what we can build to enter and win.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Re: Adult Soap Box Derby 2015

Postby 8am8am » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:49 pm

WOOOOOOOO!

Me!

is there a site for this? We need examples of how far ppl take this...and regulations if there are any.

i vote casket with wheels....like ol'skool wild west pine box, but with wheels...demons in a casket headed down hill...

or option 2 we shove Randall down the hill in a barbie jeep...actually we do barbie jeeps races at our isuzu meets out east lots of fun....

atleast I'm trying! YAY for me! Quick give me a participation trophy!
8am8am

Postby LibTimothy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:38 pm

Sounds interesting.....

I'm not fond of the casket idea, but it might work. How about just using a jeep body/frame painted red and black, with flames shooting out tubes in the roof....

Are there any rules for this event? Someone should get a copy and post them up here.

Timothy
I came, I saw, I got stuck in the mud.
LibTimothy

Postby 8am8am » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:44 am

4linked the casket on 44's?

okay how bout Randall hurries up with the demon brewing company and we model the car after the first bottle? that's free presd for like 6 different things. We'll even do a dumpster styled trailer for treadlightly!
8am8am

Postby TxPlates » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:10 pm

I also don't like the casket idea, and I think they've already done one. Let's be more original, plus we need it to be proportionally weight correct etc...

Here's a link it.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby 8am8am » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:31 pm

Proportionally weight correct? WTF YOU CALL ING ME FAT NOW TOO.....U SOB....lol my general idea would be pretty well balanced.....but no casket.....i still get a participation trophy....

found the rules for 2014....2015 maybe subject to change idk...highlights...

vehicle length 8 ft 1 in max
width 4ft 1 in max
weight 225lbs with out driver (s)
3 wheels must touch ground (our choice)
must have mechanical brake of some sort
must be able to make 90degree, 'street' turn
atleast one member has to volunteer for 3 hrs
helmet bicycle or better

two racing divisions 'speed' driver with mechanical start
'Jamaican' driver plus passenger with push start 2ndary pusher permitted....
if built to do so one car can compete in both decisions

most pictures didnt work for me so not much help on design ideas...but we also got to pick which or both decisions to compete in.....
8am8am

Return to Chit-Chat