[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Jared's 91 XJ 4dr (2nd attempt)

Jared's 91 XJ 4dr (2nd attempt)

Post and describe member vehicles and their mods.

Jared's 91 XJ 4dr (2nd attempt)

Postby JRodSA » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:01 am

ok, so i think by now most of us knew that i had purchased a second XJ not to long after doing the work on my 1st rust bucket 2dr. well that HEEP is long gone as we cut it to bits and sent it to the scrap yard months and months ago.

(the background on the 1st registry and 2dr
)

Well the 4dr has been located in Pine Needle Storage(much appreciated) for going on 2 yrs. So last weekend after the Annual 4th BBQ in Bastrop we had talked enough about actually doing some wheeling in the near future again and i got bit by a really large bug. Long story short, i stopped by and put my XJ back on a trailer and hauled it to my work place, where work has slowly began on it, but should pick up here rather quickly, i'll keep all posted and up to date with pics as i can

MOAB 2009 baby, time we all start preparing..............
Last edited by JRodSA on Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009 is here, Take charge, take risks, take responsibility.
Live, Laugh, & most imporant LOVE
JRodSA

Postby JRodSA » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:10 am

Specs as of 7/7/08

1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr (Navy w/grey interior)
4.0 Inline 6 w/ Automatic Transmission (motor 1/2 torn apart)
4x4, NP231 Manual Transfer case
D30 front / D35 rear, 3.55 stock gears
late 90's Jeep 5 spoke rims w/ pizza cutters

this is how it arrived in the Valley

ready to be taken apart, cut, grinded, put back as a new beast
JRodSA

Postby JRodSA » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:40 pm

ok so i had to work this morning but then got to my real goal for the day, making some quick changes to the Jeep,

took off both front and rear bumpers, tossed them in the dumpster, had to do some minor repairs to the front brackets cause they were tweaked along with removing some rear quarter panels and lil modifications to get the customer tube rear bumper to fit, but i think they were worth it

Front and rear trimming

tube bumpers on
**can't wait to see nasty hoe with her matching new bumper

so i got started on the exterior stuff to clear up some rear cargo area,where all the parts are being stored at this time(let me tell you, freakin rigs stink inside after doing nothing but sitting for 2 yrs) thats all i got done today, will began to get some of the suspension brackets put on tomorrow and see how far i get, been putting PB on it daily all week long, so should be ready, along with the fact that this jeep is actually rust free underneth, which is on the other end of the spectrum from the last heep
JRodSA

Postby Justin Klare » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:49 pm

damn, way to go jared.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby JRodSA » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:43 pm

well we had put the 6.5" Rock Krawler lift on the other, so that is sitting in the rear cargo area of the jeep right now, minus the front coils that went to SVO, my 8" front coils have been ordered and should arrive within the next 2 days.

8" Rock Krawler X-Factor Long Arm susp. (Within 4 weeks)
AJ's Off road armor tube Bumpers w/ fender trimming (DONE)
Surco Rack(DONE)
AJ's Off road rock rails(need to be prepped and mounted)
Rusty's Off road Steering Box Brace
Mount Hi-Lift to Rack
Rock Lites in F/R bumpers
37's/38.5??; still trying to decide how much more trimming i want to do
D44 F/R with 5.13 gears, welded rear, open front for now(early 09)
15x10, 5on5.5 white steelies (bought waiting on black paint, early 09 w new axles)

think that basically covers it, i'll run the stock axles after i get the suspension on for now w/ some 33's or whatever i can pick up till i can get the axle bracket kit that SVO is storing for me up in his garage, then the axles have to be totally prepped & brackets welded on (lil much for me to do solo):wink

:idea oh yeah, i almost forgot, need to do lil rebuild on the 4.0 out of the 2dr jeep, then drop it into this 4 dr, cause the motor in it is torn down and shot
JRodSA

Postby JRodSA » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:58 pm

well here are the pics of the new 8" coils for the front

gonna make a HUGE difference, fingers crossed for install this weekend 8/16/08
JRodSA

Postby JRodSA » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:35 pm

well i'm here at the shop, been working on the suspension for about 4 hrs almost, just about have the rear all on and back together, JEFF i forgot that we didn't take the rear shocks out of the other Heep so i've got to get some new ones ordered, :roll another waiting game, why i'm under the rear it almost makes me want to go coils in the rear and just be done with it, :lol $ya right

anywayz, had to take a break, i'll get some pics up later, we'll see how much of the front i can get done tonight also

if anyone wants to drive down and help, just holla at me, i'll pay for food and gas

one man on a 2 man mission........ i'm out
JRodSA

Postby Justin Klare » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:32 am

damn jared. if i would have known you needed helo i would have gone to help you. now i am tied up with my truck. she got a bath and fixing to get a really good wax job so all the paint will be gloss again. YAY! then i need to put a new thermostat in as well. sorry man.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby JRodSA » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:09 pm

ok, well if it wasn't known before, its official, i'm a complete retard, came back to the shop today, figure yeah lets finish off this lift (front end) take out the different pieces, and as the cargo area becomes more and more empty, i start to wonder, where are the lower bar mount brackets, ohh and the upper, so i think to myself................self where could they be, only one place JEFF's, so damnit i'm hosed and can't finish the project this weekend like i wanted, so i can start setting aside time to work on the next major step in the process, the Heart & Soul, the inline 4.0.

Jeff could you do me a fav and let me know all the pieces you have so i can re attach my head on somewhat straight, the axle bracket kits (front/rear), rock rails, and my link brackets, anything else that i'm forgetting that might come in handy?

thank you kind sir

justin appreciate the offer, sounds like ur getting down and dirty on your project, nice work after your done i'll let you wax mine, bet it would look 20 times better also
JRodSA

Postby JRodSA » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:14 pm

so i'm still here its almost 9:30, i went ahead and did everything i could, got the whole stock suspension out of the front, and have all the lift in , except for hooking up the (drop pitman arm, JEFF U HAVE THAT ALSO) and the long arms, springs are in, track bar mount, track bar, front shocks, brake lines, goofy joint for top of diff (jimmy joint or something)

whats left:

need to order new rear shocks
install lower control arm brackets (cut out old ones)
install upper cotrol arm bracket
drop pitman arm

g.night all and happy wrenching
JRodSA

Postby Justin Klare » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:46 pm

well that sucks about all the bumps in the road on your truck. i updated my registry with new pictures. it took me 3-4 hours to wash and wax. my truck. i applicated the wax by hand and let it sit for an hour then took the buffer to majority of the truck. it really looks good. i'll get your truck but you are gonna have to help. my damn arms are hurting. lol. keep with it. and keep us posted.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby Justin Klare » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:35 pm

Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby JRodSA » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:13 pm

JRodSA

Postby Justin Klare » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:35 am

Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby SVO » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:39 pm

SVO

Postby JRodSA » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:24 pm

JRodSA

Postby SVO » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:06 pm

SVOC Federation of Techno-ology

Official copious user of the :finger
SVO

Postby JRodSA » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:58 am

:x :x so talked with the engine shop AGAIN, still not ready, over 3 weeks now, freaking B/S; holding up my whole project and timeline, had a cracked cylinder sleeve and froze.

i've got the truck power washed in the bay, under and body, almost almost got off all the layers of bastrop pine debris, :lol pretty thick nasty stuff, paint actually doesn't look to bad, just need justin to do a lil wax/buff job on it :wink
JRodSA

Postby Justin Klare » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:57 pm

haha no problem. i need to do my truck again. i am getting tired of it. i think i am just going to bedliner from the bottom of the windows down. i need to have my fenders cut and repainted and hood repainted before i do so.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby JRodSA » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:55 pm

well, i got the engine back before x-mas but didn't set the time i should have aside to actually put it in the truck, however i did put everything on it, its fully built, just waiting to get dropped in the jeep.

but, i took the jeep to a local off-road shop that is cutting the existing brackets off my axles and installing the rubicon express XJ bracket kit to them, adjusting accordingly to run around 37" tire, currently with the 8" lift kit, adding 2" spacers up front and he will fab. the rear leaf mounts up off the axle or use a 1.5-2.5" custom block to level the truck off after completing the front set up.

as I’ll be leaving the valley within the next 6 weeks, this all has to come together pretty quick, so once i get it back with the D44's under the truck, engine gets put it, and then gotta figure out how to get it back to Austin, cause i know i wont have the drive line done in time, have to see just how wide its going to sit after the 10" wheels and tires are on it.

that’s just quick update, getting back to the real reason for the post, i dropped the gas tank to take a peak inside, and its RUST, chunky rust, the only piece on the entire JEEP with rust, was in the tank, i need some thoughts, suggestions, ideas from experience on how to fix, clean it up?

i've heard power wash with a solvent, wire brush, pea gravel, somebody give me something solid, please

thanks in advance
JRodSA

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:06 am

KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby JRodSA » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:27 pm

well i thought about that, had no idea what one really cost till i looked last night, new at the local chain parts store will cost about 140+tax,

also got a suggestion to take to a local radiator shop and see how much they will charge to dip clean and coat it, sure the radiator could use the same treatment, called a couple today but they must be closes, as no answer
JRodSA

Return to Vehicle Registry