[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Ghost

Ghost

Post and describe member vehicles and their mods.

Ghost

Postby zavaral » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Ghost is a 1996 4 Door EB that I found on craigslist sitting in a field for 2 years. Talked the dude down from $800 to $500. Had less than a week to get it fixed and ready for the 8-9 hour drive to Jacksonville AR. (It was a scary ride hence Ghost).
When I picked it up the Horn didn't work, after hours of looking and yelling and multiple conversations with Kris the Clockspring was replaced. But why replace it with stock. So the junk yard had a 1999 EB with the steering wheel that had the radio and A/C controls on it, and I took it. Haven't wired it in since it doesn't have a completely working radio or A/C.
No major modifications have been done
Problems:
Factory Amplifier is bad only allowing me to have passenger side sound. No sub or Driver side.
Steering Gear box leaks like a flood when ever the tires are lifted up. Just sitting on the ground it doesnt leak.
Front and rear Tranny seals leak like no tomarrow
Both U-joints Squeek, cant break the bolts loose so I'm waiting until they snap off..... :o
Repairs:
Timken inner and outer wheel bearing and races. (the old ones literally fell out of the car) Replaced last weekend..... :o
Cheapo Durelast front brake pads slapped on rusty rotors..... :o
1998 Lincoln Town Car JBL Headunit to replace that gaping hole that filled my dash.
1998 Mercury Mountaineer Front leather seats
Brand new stock size tires......(cost more than the Truck)
Now here are the plans:
I do plan to pull a north Texas move and chop the hatch off, Although its going to look like the Avalanche or H2 truck (Folding down behind the backseats)
It is the 5.0L so its going to eventually be my Tow truck when I decide the Engine needs to be rebuilt.
I want to add a sunroof to it or massive Ttops. Just not going to be glass. Still working complete plans in my head.
I want to add AWD if I can find one and either do a slight raise or lower.....haven't decided yet.
and of course it's not my truck if I dont mess with adding lights so some how someway thats going to happen.
Pictures will be posted as soon as I downsize them.
zavaral

Re: Ghost

Postby zavaral » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:27 pm

pics
Attachments
l side.jpg
l side.jpg (138.32 KiB) Viewed 11520 times
Front.jpg
Front.jpg (181.72 KiB) Viewed 11520 times
ass.jpg
ass.jpg (123.68 KiB) Viewed 11520 times
zavaral

Postby zavaral » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:14 pm

Pics from the night we brought it home
Attachments
IMG_20111021_210243-1.jpg
IMG_20111021_210243-1.jpg (21.87 KiB) Viewed 11519 times
IMG_20111021_210205-1.jpg
IMG_20111021_210205-1.jpg (17.82 KiB) Viewed 11519 times
zavaral

Postby nice59fordf100 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:52 pm

Everyone knows I dig a good looking EB. For chopping up though, I would almost say get a regular xlt v8 awd to chop up :-P could be because I like saving limiteds and Eddie Bauers lol. As far as wiring up the steering wheel, let me know when and ill help yea with it! And did yea know that Lincoln head unit has diagnostic capability? run an extra LB/W wire to the multiplex comm circuit and thus can be accessed via the DLC
nice59fordf100
"Read a book"
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:24 pm

What does that even mean?!
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby zavaral » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:25 pm

Ohh the roof is all dented up cause of the previous owners...its needs....would help to have a new paint job. The pass door doesn't line up well. The headliners is completely hacked and the carpet is completely stained. There is a lot that needs to be done to make this a decent looking EB. The main reason I want to cut this one is the roof damage, and I would never dream in a million years going near the 91 with a sawzall or plasma cutter. Hell this only looks good cause of the 6 hours I put into the waxing and washing.

But I know the lincoln headunit doesn't have a clock unlike the spolders. What kinda diagnostics are we talking about?
zavaral

Postby zavaral » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:26 pm

zavaral

Postby zavaral » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Since forum runner won't let me edit my early submital..
A wire connected to another wire and pooooof!!!! Magical shit happens
zavaral

Postby zavaral » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:26 pm

Custom embroidery work done by my mother. I need to undo it and tighten it some more its getting loose.
And the second pic is what I was talking about by hacking the hatch roof up. It looks clean and what not
Attachments
pict1770ly6.jpeg
pict1770ly6.jpeg (47.56 KiB) Viewed 11509 times
2011-10-30_17.38.21.jpg
2011-10-30_17.38.21.jpg (48.56 KiB) Viewed 11509 times
zavaral

Postby nice59fordf100 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:30 pm

I remember following that build thread on EF about the chop top on that ex...the best and cleanest in my opinion, it rivals what ford could have designed in the first place.

And awesome work on that armrest cover! WOW!
1992 Eddie Bauer 4.0 OHV+5R55E 4WD - "Blue Bandit"
1992 Navajo LX 4WD - "Nasty Hoe Bandit"
1993 Limited 4WD - "Stripe Bandit"
1997 Limited 4.0 SOHC 4WD - "Shade Bandit"
1959 Ford F100 - "Sloopy Bandit"
nice59fordf100
"Read a book"
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:32 pm

Wow, nice, clean job on the chop top!
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby zavaral » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:39 pm

That dude did that part in a weekend. Just got bored and started cutting.....if I had sheet metal I would start it. My boss has a plasma and welder.....
zavaral

Postby zavaral » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:27 am

Sold the truck today.

Sent from my crap Sidekick using Forum Runner
zavaral

Postby TxPlates » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:02 am

Gonna do another?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby zavaral » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:31 am

I'm done with explorers for now. I'll just stick with the 91( kasper). Although I did pick up a 97 f150 extended cab, 4x4, 4.6

zavaral

Postby TxPlates » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:46 am

Doesn't have to be an explorer.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:57 am

True. We could always use some diversity in this group.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Justin Klare » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:07 pm

That's why I'm building a ranger.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:08 pm

Good lord, not this again.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby zavaral » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Diversity i's good, unless its different.

zavaral

Postby TxPlates » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Oh Zavaral, you're still young. Don't give up just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby zavaral » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:53 pm

I think its safe to say were all close in age. Other than Mike and Robert. Let me put it this way. I'm tired of cheap ass pulled out of a field explorers.

zavaral

Postby TxPlates » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:07 pm

I wasn't referring to the explorer, it's ok to give up on them. They are what they are (except for the Sport Trac lol). I meant in general, move on to a diff rig. Timmy in the group has an Xterra, it'll be cool to see what that thing can do while playing. Out of the members who participate, I'm sure I'm the oldest, fail.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby zavaral » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:45 pm

I'm still wheeling with my 91 but that's in austin. So my rig up here is now the 150.

zavaral

Postby BigTim55 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Xterras fuckin rule!!!!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Next

Return to Vehicle Registry