[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - 2006 Nissan Xterra Zombie Response Vehicle

2006 Nissan Xterra Zombie Response Vehicle

Post and describe member vehicles and their mods.

Postby BigTim55 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:01 pm

This is my work in progress it is 2wd but that may change soon :twisted: I have plenty of things sitting in my garage waiting to be done, including a 3" body lift, Doug Thorley Long Tube headersImage, Doug Thorley B Pipes.
I have a AEM Brute Force intake and a Flowmaster 40 series exhaust at the moment. I plan on putting titan control arms on it with some radflo 2.5 coilovers. And maybe an ARB locker.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:14 pm

Welcome to the board, Tim!
We have a resident 4x4 conversion expert that will probably be able to lend some expertise.

Let's set a date to throw on that body lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: 2006 Nissan Xterra Zombie Response Vehicle

Postby BigTim55 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:26 pm

Sounds good to me! I just have to figure out when I can make another trip down to Mo city, I know I am coming down the last weekend of April for a baby shower.
Oh I forgot my zombie response team sticker Image

"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:22 am

Last weekend of April, we are having a group meeting in the Austin area (Bandit Fest thread under club runs).

Love that sticker.

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:44 am

Sorry, I'm not as familiar with XTerra's, so I'll have some questions. :)

1. Do the PRG kits not typically come with the coilovers?

2. I've read that the Titan Swap will net you 2" of extra axle width on each side. Any thoughts to what you'll do to match up the rear? Instead of wheel spacers, does a Titan rear axle plug and play? (I'm not a fan of wheel spacers - personal experience, lol)

3. The Titan swap is good for, what 3-4" of lift in the front? Are you planning on for the rear, or perhaps lift springs, such as Alcans/Old Man Emu's (which I would recommend against Add-A-Leaf's)?

4. Also - is there a reason why you prefer the Rad-Flo's over the Sway-Aways?

5. What gear ratio do you currently have in the rear? It looks like the M205 front axle (the most likely swap candidate for a 4x4 conversion, from a Nissan Titan) comes stock with a 3.36 ratio. You'll want front and rear to match, of course.

6. What size tire are you planning to run after the 3" body lift + 3-4" Titan Swap? You may want to consider reagearing for your final tire size at the same time that you put the lockers in, to save on labor costs. Have the 4.10's come out yet for the Nissan axles?

7. Any thoughts to swapping in Titan outers as well (knuckles, spindles, brakes, etc) for 1/2 ton braking? Bolt pattern would change from 6 lun on 4.5 to 6 lug on 5.5, but with bigger tires comes wider wheels in many cases. Plus, if you did the Titan rear axle at the same time, then the bolt pattern would match.

This looks like a good thread:
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:51 pm

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:56 pm

Looks like the Titan Axle is sprung over, so you'd have to get new spring perches (which are cheap) to spring it under.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you sure you want to do the 2wd lift spindles in addition to the 3-4" PRG lift, and three inch body lift? That will put you at around 12" of total lift, which is huge (My truck has about 9")? Not to mention they'd be useless if you ever decide to convert to 4x4, and you'd have to raise the rear the extra 6 inches as well.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:55 pm

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:43 pm

Welcome to the group, I'm a fan of the X.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby BigTim55 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:49 pm

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Hmmmmmm who's your old neighbor?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:28 pm

I grew up next door to Tim.

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:30 pm

So you assume Tim is talking about you Randall. That's awful presumptuous.

TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Where exactly did I assume anything? I merely made a factual statement. You simply inferred what you wanted from that.

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Randall was my old neighbor, our parents still live next to each other lol. My titan swap may be on hold for a little while, the guy who I was buying stuff from is being deployed again and won't have time to get me my parts, so I will probably go the more expensive way and get new everything!

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:23 pm

I did not infer anything, stop assuming lol. That sucks about the not getting the hook up parts, but new parts are always fun.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby BigTim55 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Now I need an explorer to fit in!

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:18 pm

Lol.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:32 pm

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:41 pm

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Nah stick with the explorer or something smaller. Easier on the trails, and like Randall said, explorers are a dime a dozen, easier to get parts for, and we have a kris and russ to fix them lol.

TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Early Bronco's and Bronco II's are smaller than Explorers.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:04 pm

And harder to get parts for.

TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Bronco II's will take most explorer parts.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:29 pm

Once I get my truck where I want it I will more than likely start looking into a dedicated trail rig, but my gfs car is a piece of shit and she needs a new one so I would feel kind of bad gettin a second vehicle and her being stuck with a car that barely runs

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Next

Return to Vehicle Registry