[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - 2008 Ford F250 - Tow Rig

2008 Ford F250 - Tow Rig

Post and describe member vehicles and their mods.

Re: 2008 Ford F250 - Tow Rig

Postby nice59fordf100 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:23 pm

just...just ouch
1992 Eddie Bauer 4.0 OHV+5R55E 4WD - "Blue Bandit"
1992 Navajo LX 4WD - "Nasty Hoe Bandit"
1993 Limited 4WD - "Stripe Bandit"
1997 Limited 4.0 SOHC 4WD - "Shade Bandit"
1959 Ford F100 - "Sloopy Bandit"
nice59fordf100
"Read a book"
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:38 pm

The oil cooler has failed. Most of the cost is the labor involving removing the cab of the truck.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby MrQ » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:49 am

Wow, that's a pretty expensive repair. If that oil cooler had been bad for a while there might be serious issues with the engine.

Bubba Jay better stop talking out of his ass and fork out the money for the repair.
-Dan

1998 Ford Explorer 4WD "Red Flyer II"
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD "Tanner"
MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby nice59fordf100 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:42 pm

Parker, i am off all weekend in between jobs, so if you like i can go with yea!
1992 Eddie Bauer 4.0 OHV+5R55E 4WD - "Blue Bandit"
1992 Navajo LX 4WD - "Nasty Hoe Bandit"
1993 Limited 4WD - "Stripe Bandit"
1997 Limited 4.0 SOHC 4WD - "Shade Bandit"
1959 Ford F100 - "Sloopy Bandit"
nice59fordf100
"Read a book"
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:08 pm

Update:

Called and spoke with "Bubba Jay" (I completely agree with Dan), he said that the quote was too much and that they weren't going to pay that. Then he went on to tell me that he asked everyone that works there, and they all said there was nothing wrong with the truck and no light was on. I advised well I don't think it was magic that the light just appears as soon as I drove off, and reminded him that I sent a picture of the mileage with the wrench light on. He just reiterated that he spoke with everyone, and nothing was wrong with the Truck and that as far as they're concerned the deal is closed.

Then he goes on to tell me he spoke with his "Ford Certified" technician and that they can do it for under $2000.00. OK at this point, if you had seen this place I picked it up from - no F'ing way they have a Ford Technician. So he then repeats they sold the truck as-is. I agreed they did sell it as-is, but also under the promotion via eBay that the vehicle was mechanically sound. So then I said ok, if you don't want to cover the repair cost you can have your truck back and I'll just take my Edge. This did not sit well and he responded very sternly that they were not taking the truck back, to which I replied "oh because you knew it was damaged and now that I've confirmed that you certainly don't want a vehicle you have to spend money on to sell. He did not respond to that. So I went on and said well since you weren't part of the original deal, you'd know that you don't get the title to the Edge until the truck is inspected and registered in Texas. At this point you could hear the shock in his voice, and he said seriously? Me: Yes, Bubby Jay(now referred to as BJ from now): Let me talk to my boss and I'll call you back.

BJ calls back and says ok he talked to his boss and they're willing to tow the vehicle back to La and fix it and tow it back. Me: no. BJ: why not? Me: because I don't trust your mechanic and I'd have no type of warranty on work that is just completed. BJ: that's all we're willing to do, Me: well then you can tow your vehicle back and I'l just take my Edge, BJ: no, Me: once again that truck can just sit at Ford and you still do not get the title to the Edge, therefore you can not sell said Edge. So he goes on to same the same stuff blah blah we'll tow it and fix it ourselves yada yada. I responded no, but said I would be happy to go to the other diesel repair shop we have and see what they'll say, so he said ok to that and call him back once I get the quote.

Went up to All Star Transmissions (I've dealt with them before for work related issues, and they come recommended by some of the shops I deal with). So I talk to the owner, he sits down with me and we go over all he'd need. After a few minutes he comes up with a quote for $2177.00 which includes removal of the cab to replace the oil cooler, doing the oil change etc. I said ok, let me call these turkeys in La and get them to pay for it and you take care of it for me.

Called BJ back told him the price and he agreed to pay it, then I said well you're going to need to pay for the tow and diagnostic fees over at Ford. He agreed to do that as well. So called the wrecker service, had them take it over there to All Star, and they said they're going to try and get most of it done by Wednesday, but they're off Thursday and Friday, so it'll probably be done next Tuesday. Fair enough, so thankfully this is resolved.

On a side note: called Ford to release the vehicle and asked for the charges that are owed, and the dude told me not to worry about it on the house. Nice.

On a second site note, I went to go get beer and food to grill after all this and was rear ended sitting at a light in the Audi. FAIL.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TexasArmadillo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:11 am

Dang.

Juggling more fur balls than a constipated cat.
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby TxPlates » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:20 pm

In the end, it's all working out so no big deal. Just time right?

So the F250 is over at All Star, and I've ordered two new keys and remotes off eBay for $20.00. I was going to order the rubber Ford floors mats but I need to verifiy if the F250 has the hooks to hood them.

Still searching for a new steering wheel for it.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:47 pm

Found this place for what I believe to be the correct steering wheel for $227.00 which doesn't seem to be too bad a price. Anyone have any other thoughts/ideas on where to get one?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Ordered a couple reverse sensors off eBay today.

"It is what it is, till it ain't anymore"
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:12 pm

So I've been browsing for a OE navigation head unit for the super duty, but they're way more than I want to spend. So any recommendations on a good unit that'll work with a back up camera?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:37 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373319390.038152.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373319402.035948.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373319412.718948.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373319423.602516.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373319435.069418.jpg
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Estimated time of completion?
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:51 pm

It'll be done tomorrow evening he said.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Good to hear that something is finally getting done for you. :lol
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:03 pm

That is the truth! lol, now to get the Audi in the shop to be fixed and get the Trac back.

On a side note I did get a quote from a dude over at Mac Haik that works in their body shop to get me his price on the steering wheel I need for $305.84. So I'm going to search around with the part # AC3Z-3600-GC he gave me to see if I can't find it cheaper, and if not then I'll get it through him.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:55 am

You can have the steering wheel recovered like I did with my Navajo. It was $230.00 I use a place called craft customs. If you need the info let me know. He might even has the wheel you need as an exchange program.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby TxPlates » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:50 am

If its an exchange where you get it first and its cheaper than new yea let me know. Otherwise I can't afford to have the truck down for the steering wheel. Truck will be done this afternoon.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:27 pm

Ok truck was just delivered back by the repair shop (nice living in a small town).

So they replaced the oil cooler, water pump, fuel filter, theromstat, serpentine belt, oil filter, and associated fluids. Total cost came to $2611.15. They called the dealer where I purchased it to get paid, Jay (aka grumpy) argued with them stating that some of that should be on me such as the oil change, belt and pump. They told him oil had to be replaced with cooler (duh) and the pump was bad so they replaced it (hmmm sounds like they should cover that) and I have no idea on the belt. The shop said that "grumpy" continued to argue and they said that's ok they just won't release the truck. So "grumpy" paid the entire bill, and truck is home. I've now got a 1 year parts and labor warranty on all that they did.

I was nice enough to go and finally leave pleasant feedback on ebay for them.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:44 pm

Congrats on getting her back!
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:53 pm

So I went and had the two new keys I got off eBay cut - won't work with according to the instructions I followed because I don't have two original. So I'll be looking around for a different way or I guess I'll have to head to the dealer (meh). I did get the new remotes programed (no big feat there).

Another thing I needed was a new license plate holder for the front (Louisiana doesn't have front plates), so I had found this one pictured below that my father in-law had at his house (he picks up used parts from the Ford dealer he works at when they're scrapping stuff), and thought it may work. It does fit in between the opening in the bumper but no way to mount it. I found a way to mount via zip to the top - but need something to brace it on the bottom so it doesn't sink into the bumper. So either I'll find something or break down and buy the correct for it lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373507599.445308.jpg
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby zavaral » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:12 pm

If you pull it up to where it stops can you bolt it in through the holes. Thats about what I did when I installed those.

Sent from my SGH-M919
zavaral

Postby TxPlates » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:15 pm

I don't want to drill through the bumper.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:56 am

http://craftcustoms.com/

This is who did the steering wheel on my Navajo contact them.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby TxPlates » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:08 am

I glanced at their site, very sniffing glue site. For the time being I've just bought a nice leather Ford steering wheel cover. Problem fixed for now :)

As far as the super duty goes, got it back. Yay! Then took it up to Ford to get it inspected to register it, and right after I pulled in and shut it off.....BLAMO!!! Coolant jut gushed out of the front. Called the place that did the work, they came and picked it up. Turns out they didn't put the lower radiator hose on correctly. Good thing Maria didn't take that day and it happen while being driven. So that's fixed, I am getting a rather loud sound from the fan clutch. I've dropped it back off last night to have them service the tranny, and having them check out the flan clutch making sure they put it back in properly.

And I was able to get her inspected now and registered, so there's that.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:27 pm

So the noise from the fan clutch they said is normal and no cause for alarm (technically I was told to get use to it lol). They serviced the tranny and said all was well. I've installed the new reverse sensors (yay no more beeping sounds from being inoperative and then shutting the reverse system down). I do have two minor issues now. We took the truck this weekend to Krause Springs, and on the way the cruise control didn't work. On the way home the cruise did work (odd yes I know). Secondly the horn goes off by it's self now every now and then, short? Any ideas on what I need to be checking to see what causes this, as this did not occur before the body of the truck was lifted off.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

PreviousNext

Return to Vehicle Registry