[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - EEE's 1993 Ford Explorer

EEE's 1993 Ford Explorer

Post and describe member vehicles and their mods.

Re: EEE's 1993 Ford Explorer

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:16 am

I'm glad Randall plays telephone very well
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:14 am

Someone's got to.
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby zavaral » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:29 am

I wish I was able to drive down today to help get in the way. Yall have fun and keep us updated.
One quick question though, do y all have the ability to not only record this swap but to stream it?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
zavaral

EEE's 1993 Ford Explorer

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:31 am

Not at this time, but hopefully at some point in the near future.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby zavaral » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Any updates

zavaral

Postby TxPlates » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:45 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TxPlates
Demon Chef

EEE's 1993 Ford Explorer

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:50 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby zavaral » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:44 am

Randal you gonna keep it white, or paint it back black. That is amazing work.

zavaral

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:18 am

I'm going to roll with the white.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:24 pm

So I just checked on those headlights I was talking about Randall and they are discontinued. :(

here are the current pics I took.

92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby EMBRACETHEHATE89 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:20 am

Turned one turd into a white turd. Congrats you still have a turd

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
EMBRACETHEHATE89
Craig

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:54 am

Don't be mad if you come outside one day and find it parked on your ranger.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby nice59fordf100 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:52 pm

Randall, I think you need this in order to have reverse lamps - your 700r4 doesn't seem to have a built in switch for this function:
https://www.yearone.com/Product/1964-72 ... 80175/view
1992 Eddie Bauer 4.0 OHV+5R55E 4WD - "Blue Bandit"
1992 Navajo LX 4WD - "Nasty Hoe Bandit"
1993 Limited 4WD - "Stripe Bandit"
1997 Limited 4.0 SOHC 4WD - "Shade Bandit"
1959 Ford F100 - "Sloopy Bandit"
nice59fordf100
"Read a book"
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:18 am

Seems weird that I would have never noticed that I had no reverse lights. :lol

of the part you mentioned above (which is the manufacturer of the shifter I have).

I'll order it and get it drop shipped via drone.

Let's try to keep a running list of things needed in this thread, so I don't miss anything (as opposed to texts/calls).
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby nice59fordf100 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:25 pm

Ok will do. yea, that link i sent was just an example. any will work. ive already got the nuetral safety switch wired as well as the tcc lockup feature. is there any adjustment on that shifter? reason i ask is because the neutral safety switch actually closes in park, neutral, and drive...drive not being a position you want the nuetral safety switch in the closed position. i have an idea on how to fix it if the shifter arm is not adjustable
nice59fordf100
"Read a book"
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:38 pm

It is very adjustable. That's what I was messing with for about an hour. :lol

I'm looking at this radiator:

Since the previous radiator I got has tripled in price since I bought it! :roll
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby nice59fordf100 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:08 pm

Radiator looks good. also, is there any particular reason you went with the current power steering cooler? Just a thought, but what about using the factory transmission cooler lines inside the radiator for power steering cooler? it would also help free up some space for the a/c condensor that we still have to add
nice59fordf100
"Read a book"
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:18 pm

It's got to be high flow for the steering cylinder. Also, I believe that I read that the internal auxhilary coolers in the radiators aren't sufficient for cooling steering fluid, because it should be kept at a lower temp than trans fluid/coolant. The radiator I listed above apparently has a 3 quart trans fluid capacity, so an option could be to use that for the trans cooler instead of the one I have on the front, which would free up room for the a/c condenser. One other thing, is that I'd like to avoid disconnecting anything to do with the brakes/steering if possible. It's a bitch to bleed correctly so that all of those components function well together. Plus that Royal Purple steering fluid is no joke ($$$).
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:52 pm

92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:09 pm

That one is a one row, vs. the three row I posted earlier. It also costs more and has no provision for the trans fluid (which can be a plus if you're wanting more coolant room). Something I'm missing?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby nice59fordf100 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:27 pm

We could use the factory trans cooler inside the radiator instead of the external one you have now...that's one less thing you would have to buy (a new trans cooler i mean)
nice59fordf100
"Read a book"
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:33 pm

After comparing the two yeah the one you found is much better.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:47 pm

Oh, is the current trans cooler fubared?

Also, I think I'll go ahead and stick with the first gen explorer front end. I didn't realize that the second gen clip stuck out so much further.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:12 pm

Ok that's fine we can work on finishing it up then
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby nice59fordf100 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:39 am

yes the external tranny cooler is bent and scrapped. not leaking, but not reusable
nice59fordf100
"Read a book"
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

PreviousNext

Return to Vehicle Registry