[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Jared N' SA,TX - 89 XJ 2dr

Jared N' SA,TX - 89 XJ 2dr

Post and describe member vehicles and their mods.

Jared N' SA,TX - 89 XJ 2dr

Postby JRodSA » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:11 am

ok, so i took the time to do this before i went to work had it all awesome and everything and my computer started locking up on me, so i'm gonna make this one short and sweet or try anywayz

i was/am JPA1982 on EF, i post as XJnSA on JeepForum & POR for those who are on there

i use to drive 97 X 4x4 XLT
stock

as i sold it summer 05 w/ 3"bl and 2" warriors/aal/tt

my current project, 89 XJ 2dr,4.0 auto, stock as i bought it 4/05
it really is beautiful, u gotta see it in person

well me and jeff (SVO) started the mods to it in september i think, u can see whats done to it, next to my other XJ i picked up to use as a work commuter/full width project/parts truck/for sale

current mods:
6.5" Rock Krawler long arm kit
pro comp nitro shocks
rattle can bed liner interior(sux, dont use)
custom rattle can paint job
ajs off road super rock rails
surco rack
white 15x10 steelies

coming within the next month:
D44 f/r, front waggy w/discs, rear rodeo w/discs
5.13 gears
finish the paint work
install CB/PA
bump up to 8" with new RK front coils and adjusting rear shackles
99 dodge dakota steering gear box w/ rustys steering box brace

future mods:
custom front/rear bumpers from ???????????
9k winch
exo cage
more i'm sure................
2009 is here, Take charge, take risks, take responsibility.
Live, Laugh, & most imporant LOVE
JRodSA

Postby JRodSA » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:16 am

oh yeah other future mods:

ummmmmm 38s, still in the air on which brand/model
plenty of fender trimming, lol

here is my current daily driver/ tow rig
05 Titan KC SE, i freakin love this truck, bought it right after T-giving

from june 05 till end of nov i was using this, which i liked just put to many miles on it in the 5 months i had it and got badass deal on the titan to turn it down so, there u have it, lol

other then that, can't wait to be back wheel'n , cause i've been out of the game for way to freakin long, almost a yr since i've been in the driver seat of a rig
JRodSA

Postby JRodSA » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:23 am

and yes that is a pic of my 05 frontier KC SE 4.0 auto with my trailer, and yes i did use it to tow the XJ on the trailer to and from Bastrop many of times, and yes it gets the job done and with plenty to spare for those who doubt it ask jeff, lol, cause i've gotten lots of $h!t bout using a "1/4 ton" truck to do the job of a 3/4 :roll , but NeWayz, gotta use what u got right

2005 Nissan Frontier SE
Tranny and Power Steering coolers
265hp, 293ft/lbs, 6500 tow rating
dual 3500lbs axle trailer w/brakes
:arrow: Job done with style
JRodSA

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:50 am

That's why I always do my long posts in Microsoft Word before posting. There is just too much that can go wrong. :)
The rig looks sweet, can't wait to see it in person. How does the Titan pull going up hills and whatnot? Braking? What kind of mileage do you get when towing? I'm not asking to make fun, just curious.
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Stang Girl » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:37 pm

Lori - 2004 Mustang GT aka Reaper
When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby JRodSA » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:03 am

as for towing with the titan , i currently have no idea, cause i haven't even pulled with it yet, should be in about two weeks when the XJ goes back to bastrop, to hopefully get some serious work done to it,

but i will def keep u up to date when i calculate the mpg and all, i'm sure the gas will totally sux @$$, cause it does w/o the trailer loaded up, lol, i get like 15.5 around town right now driving really easy

the frontier actually got like 18+ towing the XJ on the highway, which blows my mind, but ahhhhh well

lori, yeah i def had a blast last week, thank ya'll soooo much u really shouldn't have gone through all that just for me, but i do appreciate it, wish i could have stayed longer

jason (JK) really did seem like a great guy, hopefully i can work out something with him, i'll bring up the blue XJ and he can use it all he wants to start popping out products for it to sell, rails/bumpers/ cages, i can give him some great ideas where to get quick business, we'll see what happens, gonna call him prob wed. see how my axle is coming along
JRodSA

Postby SVO » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:34 am

[Drop Dead Fred voice] I wanna see the strippy pics of the XJ [/Drop Dead Fred voice]

Jeff - :skull
SVOC Federation of Techno-ology

Official copious user of the :finger
SVO

Postby JRodSA » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:05 am

JRodSA

Postby Stang Girl » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:12 am

Lori - 2004 Mustang GT aka Reaper
When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby JRodSA » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:57 am

just doing lil searching around for stuff for the XJ and i got this link from a google search, just thought i'd share

its about building a custom D44 front axle for an XJ

its a nice lil read, but some good info for anyone interested or in the process of doing something similiar
JRodSA

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:16 am

Seems to me that it would be easier to and the 4 link mounts to a CJ axle than to replace the knuckles on the XJ axle.
Also, I don't like the idea of
at all. You are basically placing the weakest part of your axle shaft right next to your piggy. The first thing that breaks will be that part of the axle shaft, and it will most likely take out your differential and gears with it due to proximity.
I have heard that a pared down shaft like that is weaker even than a shaft that is the smaller diameter throughout the entire length. Something about stress fracture development or the like. Just my opinion, of course, based on little else than what I think I have read. Somewhere.
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby JRodSA » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:46 am

hey jeff

just wanted to post up one of Badger's threads about his front D44 for his XJ, doesn't go to much into detail on this one it looks like

but just more of an idea,

more of Will Badger

JRodSA

Postby SVO » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:35 am

Thanx! :)

Jeff - :skull
SVOC Federation of Techno-ology

Official copious user of the :finger
SVO

Postby JRodSA » Wed May 10, 2006 10:55 pm

JRodSA

Postby JRodSA » Sun May 14, 2006 1:48 pm

Message from WILL BADGER

few tips or so on the custom xj axle setup

" Re: hey wil
i used axles out of a Ford F250 and the 44 is a bit wider then your waggy axle.so thing will be different between the two.try not to weld anything to the cast housing unless you have to.you'll have to do a few things to make sure you are at the correct caster.i would first mock up the bracket to give you proper pinion angle and ten read what the caster would be at.if its to far out mock up the axle to have to caster correct and se how bad the driveleine angle would be.you might have to cut the inner "C"s and rotate them to get everything correct.

steering and what to use for it.since you are using a waggy axle you don't have flat top knuckles so you will be forced to use the stock lower arms on the knuckles.i would suggest some DOM cut to length with possible a over under set up on the passenger side and hiems.then have a TRE at the pitman arms to help take out some of the harsness of the hiems.you could also cut some DOM and make a inverted "T".if all else fails and you run out of money i believe all the stock Waggy steering components will fit.

man Nuckinfutz i haven't been on there in some time.i hope this helps if you have any more questions feel free to ask or find me on anyone of the messenger services"
JRodSA

Return to Vehicle Registry