[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Need some advice....

Need some advice....

Vehicle mods of all kinds.

Which bumper should I go with for Reaper?

2000 Cobra R
No votes
2004 GT w/Mach I chin spoiler
100%

Total votes : 4

Need some advice....

Postby Stang Girl » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:46 pm

Ok, here's my dilemma and Jeff keeps telling me to do whatever and I really want some advice.

As we all know and are saddened by, Reaper earned his name by taking out a damn dog that ran out in front of him. Right now, he is sitting in the driveway needing a new bumper and new headlights. I also need a new side scoop (the one that is damaged from the gas pump last year) and passenger side mirror.

Now the dilemma:

For the headlights and the Cobra R bumper will be around $650. Then off to Kris for paint (which I am buying the paint) and possibly him finishing out underneath my hood. The scoop and mirror will be around $100.00 for the both of them, so approximately $750 in parts alone.

I do have the foglights for this bumper...total of about $90 worth (got an extra one just in case :wink ) Also, this bumper has the brake cooling ducts which the Satanic Mechanic was going to fabricate for me.

Or....I can go back to what Reaper looked like previously....GT bumper, Mach I chin spoiler, then get the headlights, mirror, and side scoop all for, in parts, for a grand total of $387.50 minus paint.

The second choice would get me on the road faster, but damn, Reaper looks good with the Cobra R bumper. I also have huge speed bumps and bad roads around my new office to consider, but had been able to avoid them, mostly, before the dog. :roll

So what do you think? I can be practical and/or I can wait as long as Jeff's in agreement with me continuing to drive the Ghost, but I also miss driving my stick! :twisted:

Honestly, the practical side of me is saying the second choice, get Reaper back on the road and then save for the Cobra R bumper, for the future. But I don't know if I'd ever do it again otherwise.

Note: I still need the clutch kit and replace the outer tie rod on him as well as an alignment. Geez.......I am torn. Please help. :oops
Lori - 2004 Mustang GT aka Reaper
When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby blee1099 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:15 pm

Honestly I would go back to the way it was, get the clutch & tie rod ends taken care of and alignment since you'll probably need tires soon again. Then after your get your check from the government in late April/May/etc blow it on the bumper of your desire.
Crazy Asian
blee1099

Postby wilander » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:36 am

That Cobra R bumper is definitely a superior sort of sexy, but moving in that direction, especially at that price, should make sense from all angles . . . not just an emotional one. The important thing (I think) is to get Reaper in tip top shape, i.e. clutch, tie rod ends, etc., before picking up a Cobra R bumper.
Bart/Lisa - "Grandpa, didn't you wonder why you were getting checks for doing absolutely nothing?"

Grandpa - "I just figured the democrats were in power again."
wilander
Denim Dandy

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:44 pm

Mach I Voted...
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby Stang Girl » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:30 pm

Lori - 2004 Mustang GT aka Reaper
When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Return to Vehicle Mods