[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Best Air Filter

Best Air Filter

Vehicle mods of all kinds.

Best Air Filter

Postby SVO » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:55 am

So you think that the Briggs & Stratton replacement air fiilter is worthy, or is ther a better or comparable aftermarket one out there that might even net me a 1/4 extra hp?

What about removing the foam dust filter cover on the filter for a bit of extra torque??
SVO

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:20 am

Stick with the briggs filters. they filter the air better. I think you would just hurt your HP with removing the pre-filter. Because you will be sucking the grass clippings to the paper filter causing restriction...

What do you think...
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby SVO » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:46 am

I wish I could find a K&N that would fit the carb, at least I know I could clean it and reuse it, and still gain some HP.

You know I guess I could make a manifold to run dual single barrel carbs on that B&S I/C, and I do know that make stroker kits for them too.

SVO

Postby Stang Girl » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:46 pm

I thought you could use a K&N for the mower....wouldn't it just be the ones that they use on "ricer" cars? :idea
Lori - 2004 Mustang GT aka Reaper
When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:27 am

Some Briggs Motors also have a Hardened Crackshafts. Those would be Ideal for a Stroker rebuild.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby Michael » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:25 am

Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Return to Vehicle Mods