[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Remote Start

Remote Start

Vehicle mods of all kinds.

Remote Start

Postby Justin Klare » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:46 am

so i just read ford doesn't recomend putting remote starts on their vehicles with the PATS system. i've had issues with my truck today not starting because the theft light is on. i've also read that someone had a remote start on their truck for 2 years and are just now having the same problem. so i think i am going to try to figure out a way to unpower the alarm/remote start and see if i have the same problem or if it fixes it. i hope it's not the remote start system because i love that feature, however that would be the cheapest fix. damn these catch 22's.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Re: Remote Start

Postby Justin Klare » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:57 am

just paid $29 to ask a ford tech online. i hope he gives me something worth a crap to try.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby Justin Klare » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:10 am

Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:52 am

Sounds promising, maybe. Did you try the reset?
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:06 pm

Suckage, I really love remote start. The Tahoe has it, if I ever get an alarm for the sweet camaro I'll have it installed as well. As far as the Trac goes, well we've already ripped one alarm out of it, I think she'll stay the way she is. Good luck let us know how it goes.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Justin Klare » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:19 pm

disabled remote start box and it starts everytime. alarm still works. talked to russell and he said take it back to where i had it installed and see if module is bad or loose wire. justin schoener at outlaw offroad talked to mike at kem racing who did my tuning and said the pats system can be bypassed and that he would call justin tomorrow. russ said he would need my computer if he can do it and if that's the case i'll send him my FICM and have that tuned to an extra 100 hp too to complete all my tuning for the excursion. cross your fingers.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby TxPlates » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Good lord that's a lot of power!
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Justin Klare » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:51 pm

i know :)
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare