[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Trac gets a new Kenwood DNX6180

Trac gets a new Kenwood DNX6180

Vehicle mods of all kinds.

Trac gets a new Kenwood DNX6180

Postby TxPlates » Thu May 17, 2012 10:00 pm

So I didn't care for the Boss DVD/CD unit I had in there, which I mainly had purchased to to be able to use for a back up camera, well it sticks out to far for my liking because the screen needs to have room to slide out, so it's out.

So I picked up this unit:

Seems, pretty neat, has some poor reviews of slowness and some locking up from when it was introduced in the beginning of 2011. Kenwood has since released several firmware updates, once recent to this year, so that most likely will fix those issues. It also received other great reviews for what it is, and I got a great deal on it as well.

Nice feature, DVD, built in NAVI, rear USB input etc. With a separate cable, it'll allow all audio and video from the iPhone to play directly on the screen, pretty cool. Multiple A/V inputs and outputs.

Right now I've got the one rear camera, eventually I'll install a few more under the the truck for some nice views while offroading.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Re: Trac gets a new Kenwood DNX6180

Postby TxPlates » Sun May 20, 2012 7:22 pm

Ok, well I've got it wired up, plugged it in to double check somethings worked. FAIL.

Left front speaker - no sound. Took apart the white, and white/black wires and reconnected, still nothing. I played with the setting w/in the radio unit to make sure it wasn't setting itself to not have the left front speaker on, but that was no the case either.

Was working prior to remove, any suggestions?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Return to Vehicle Mods