[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 400: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - GoPro HD HERO2: Motorsports Edition

GoPro HD HERO2: Motorsports Edition

Vehicle mods of all kinds.

GoPro HD HERO2: Motorsports Edition

Postby TxPlates » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Ok so Tim suggested this in another thread - awesome idea Time.

On Amazon.com - it's available for $241.14 (if you're a prime member - free 2 days shipping). I've looked around, this is the best price available.

This would be an awesome item for us all to have mounted in our rigs while off-roading, and then we can edit together some great stuff to post up and to have for ourselves.

Check out some of these features:

- 2X Sharper Professional Glass Lens than the GoPro HD Hero Camera
- 10 Photos Per Second Burst
- VIDEO: HD Resolutions: 1080P 30 FPS, 960P 30 and 48 FPS, 720P 30 and 60 FPS
- PHOTO RESOLUTIONS: 11MP, 8MP, 5 MP
- Wi-Fi BacPacTM + Wi-Fi RemoteTM Compatible: Long range remote control of multiple cameras, Wi-Fi Video Preview + Playback on Smartphone /and Medium 127o - FOVVIDEO

Widest Range of Video & Photo Capabilities

The HD HERO2 offers three different HD resolutions, giving you three filming modes to capture the best angles for any given activity.
1080p - 170° wide angle, 127° medium, 90° narrow FOV @30 fps, 16:9 aspect ratio
960p - 170° wide angle FOV @ 48 fps + 30 fps, 4:3 aspect ratio
720p - 170° wide angle, 127° medium, 90° narrow FOV @60 fps + 30 fps, 16:9 aspect ratio
Standard Definition - WVGA - 170° wide angle, 127° medium FOV @120 fps +60 fps for super slow motion.

Amazing 11MP Photos

Shoot hands-free, 11 megapixel photos automatically at multiple intervals until the SD card is full.
Resolutions - 11MP, 8MP, 5 MP
FOV - 170° wide angle FOV, 127° Medium FOV
Capture Modes - Single, 10 Photo Burst, Time-Lapse*, Self-Timer

* Now supports time-lapse photo every 0.5 seconds. Requires Class 10 speed SD Card.

Audio Excellence

We've invested more in the HD HERO2 camera's sound system than most companies spend on their entire camera development. You'll only be hearing the sounds of your experience, not the howl of the wind. How? Obsessive audio engineering and an understanding that good sound is as important as good video. The HD HERO2 also utilizes a 3.5mm stereo external mic input for professional sound quality.

Shockproof & Waterproof to 197' (60m)

Proven in heavy surf from Hawaii to Tahiti, Southern Mexico to Northern California, HD HERO2 cameras can handle it thanks their highly engineered polycarbonate exoskeletal housing. Ready for action ranging from scuba diving to dirt track racing, and tough enough to take a spin across the asphalt, GoPros are built to take a beating & keep filming. Replacement lens kits & housings are available, so there's little worry while going for glory - even while diving with sharks.

New Easy-To-Use Interface

Simple Language-based user LCD interface.

One Button Mode: One Button Mode forces the camera to automatically begin recording in its default power up mode once the camera is ON. To stop recording, you turn the camera OFF.

LED Lights: LED lights on all sides. This allows you to know if the camera is on from nearly any angle.

Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery lasts 2.5 Hours, Heater Included

The included 1100mAh Lithium-Ion battery lasts 2.5 hours and is rechargeable through any USB port. You can charge it with your computer or with any USB compatible wall or car charger. You can even use the camera while the battery is charging, convenient for filming road trips where you might leave the camera running for long periods of time. The Battery BacPac is a second battery can be added to the back of the camera, doubling the battery life to 5 hours. Wall Chargers and Car Chargers are also available from GoPro.

For colder temperatures, an integrated battery heater helps keep the battery warm during winter sports, extending recording times beyond what's possible with other camera systems.

Shoot 8+ hrs of HD Video with 32GB SD Card (SD Card NOT INCLUDED)

Media saved to SD card, up to 32GB capacity (SDHC). Average recording times using a 32GB card:

1080p @ 30 FPS = 4 hours
960p @ 30 FPS = 6 hours
720p @ 60 FPS = 4 hours
720p @ 30 FPS = 9 hours
WVGA @ 120 FPS = 4.5 hours
SDHC Memory: Up to 32GB (Class 4 or higher. Class 10 is required for photo every 0.5 second time-lapse.) SD Card not included.

Also this item can be purchased on Amazon.com as well that looks like if the the reviews are correct and the software is updated correctly this month will allow this remote to wifi-blue tooth live video to your smartphone (iPhone) and view live pictures etc, and control the camera from it as well.

GoPro Wi-Fi BacPac + Combo Kit by GoPro:

I'll probably be ordering this camera and remote soon. Randall did post up a link in the other thread, but I'll get him to throw up the amazon links in here too if anyone is interested (the site gets cash back on amazon orders via these links).

If anyone has any better products or ideas for us gathering our trips on video post up.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Re: GoPro HD HERO2: Motorsports Edition

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:45 pm

I think a new Core requirement is in order...

:pimp

Here is the Amazon Demon affiliated link for purchasing. ;)

KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Thanks for adding the links Randall.

Also great news. If several of us have these, and we combine two of them, we can make a 3D movie.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby BigTim55 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Holy shit. I had a great idea. Now I can tell my dad I'm not a total Fuck up lol

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Well Tim, you lose the "great" part because you posted twice, and I did say "awesome" not great lol :p Nah but really, after some research, this camera appears to be just what we need.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Hell yes, I think we all need one.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:08 am

Just imagine if we put them all together! Ok that probably wouldn't work.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:55 am

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:07 am

It has a pretty neat time lapse feature, which I think would be neat to have running while we're convoying out somewhere, like Big Bend, or Moab.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TexasArmadillo » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Man I'm going to blow y'all minds with all of the interstate road footage I'll get with this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby Justin Klare » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Haha that's funny mike.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby TxPlates » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Mike ain't lying. I'll use it in my Audi too.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:03 am

I think I'll be ordering myself one of these for christmas.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:39 pm

I'm selling my Panasonic 40 hd camcorder. So as soon as its sold I'll buy this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:19 pm

Ok now I'm having seconds thoughts, and now because of the Sony that Brian found, but I've been reading reviews of this camera over heating pretty badly, battery only lasting max 1.5 hours, and the sounds after a bit of recording starting to get distorted due to the over heating issues.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 am

Seems there's a Go Pro Hero3 out now:

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:07 am

i heard the 3 is leaps and bounds better than the 2. i have friend that has it and he uses it everywhere. snowboarding, just walking around, parties, you name it
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:15 am

The reviews do not look favorable.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:19 am

i never really trust reviews from people online, i care more about first hand experience from people i know. because a lot of the time people are just douches and make bad reviews because they have nothing better to do. same way i think about movie/game reviews.
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:22 am

That's why I'm waiting for you to buy one to be the guinea pig. Hop to it.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:25 am

BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:27 am

Parker says a lot of things... :drunk
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby BigTim55 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:29 am

true. he does talk a lot
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby TxPlates » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:08 pm

Eek. I had no truck.

Sent from my iPhone 5 bitch using Tapatalk
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Return to Vehicle Mods