[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Sony HDR-AS10 HD Action Camcorder with WIFI

Sony HDR-AS10 HD Action Camcorder with WIFI

Vehicle mods of all kinds.

Sony HDR-AS10 HD Action Camcorder with WIFI

Postby TxPlates » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:23 pm

This may be an alternative to the Gopro - and has a slomo feature.

You can get it with Wifi - meaning you can stream it and control it from your phone for $269.99 or get the non-wifi version for $199.99. 1080p, comes with a water proof case. Thoughts?

Here's the link to it on Sony
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 1666484197
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Re: Sony HDR-AS10 HD Action Camcorder with WIFI

Postby BigTim55 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:43 pm

My thoughts are that you are just trying to one up my idea lol
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:48 pm

One up man strikes again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:02 pm

Absolutely not. I got an e-mail from Brian (Randall knows him) about this as he and I were talking about the Gopro2 as I'm hopefully selling my camcorder tomorrow to fund the new one for offroading and this seemed pretty interesting. I was hoping for some thoughts on it vs the gopro.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:13 am

So I see there was a lot of input on this.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:43 am

Have you looked into this one at all? Does it also share the 'fish=eye' lens, or does it have other options?

Optical zoom comparison?

3D recording option?

Mega Pixels comparison?

Ability to zoom while recording?

Battery life at 1080p recording?

Hardwiring power option?

External mic input?
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:31 pm

Optical zoom comparison - Both have a lens of 170 degrees angel - neither have one that zooms

3D recording option - Gopro2 has an option of adding a second camera and a kit to make it 3d - Sony does not

Mega Pixels comparison - Gopro2 = PHOTO RESOLUTIONS: 11MP, 8MP, 5 MP, VIDEO: HD Resolutions: 1080P 30 FPS, 960P 30 and 48 FPS, 720P 30 and 60 FPS
Sony = A 1920 x 1080 high definition resolution, Capable of 30p recording and playback via HDMI® and compatible HDTV, SteadyShot® image stabilization with Active Mode delivers stunningly smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting. In addition, innovative 3-Way Shake-Canceling adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture. Photos 2 megapixels

Ability to zoom while recording - Neither

Battery life at 1080p recording - Gopro looks like on average = 2 hours - Sony - couldn't find this - camera doesn't come out till 9/19/2012

Hardwiring power option - Looks like Randall found an option for the Gopro to do this - Sony doesn't appear so

External mic input - Gopro yes, Sony built in mic

Waterproof - Both yes

I've looked for gopro issues about the battery life and getting to hot, this thread seems to have found a way around it by updating the firmware manually
I queried about the battery draining problem on this thread a while ago. I spent quite a while to learn more about this problem and finally I was able to correct it by manually updating the firmware. It seems that the firmware update via the automated software is flawed in some way.

Get the firmware from there. I used the latest one as the firmware itself is not flawed. I had a link to an site that listed all the available versions, so you could install an older version for example that doesn't have a support for the wifi backpack but this should be the latest one:
http://software.gopro.com/Firmware/HD2/HD2-firmware.bin

Get the firmware to the card:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek3NzsjWqNU

And here is the process on how to flash it. Works the same on the Hero2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzzgXJZb5pk

So I can't really say too much about the Sony I guess since it hasn't been released. and the gopro2 while nice on paper appears to be flawed, but maybe that firmware update really does work. Do we have any alternatives other than these two?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Return to Vehicle Mods