[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 400: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 400: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - GoPro Hero 3 - Black Edition

GoPro Hero 3 - Black Edition

Vehicle mods of all kinds.

GoPro Hero 3 - Black Edition

Postby TxPlates » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:53 pm

So I bought a GoPro 3 Black Edition over the weekend (I have returned it and will be picking up another tomorrow - reason just because I forgot I have something to return to bestbuy that will cover 1/2 the cost). Pretty impressive little camera. The one disappointment I had when we opened it this weekend, was that the enclosure doesn't allow for it to be hardwired, plugged in while sitting in it's protective case it comes with. That would cause some issues while being mounted on my dash as the one downfall I've read is the battery life sucks. So my original thought was to just purchase another waterproof case and dremel out the side where the plug is (accessories seem to be on the pricy side for this camera). So browsing tonight, I came across this, which seems like it'll be perfect for mounting on the inside of the dash of the Trac and allows access to be plugged in to charge while recording.

Yes a bit pricy, but still clean and doesn't look ghetto and does what I think most of would need it for.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Re: GoPro Hero 3 - Black Edition

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:08 pm

I saw that at best buy yesterday. Will definitely be picking one up.
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Ohhh, how much was it at Best Buy?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:22 pm

$79, I believe, or wait, that could have been the LCD touch screen add on...
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:23 pm

Yea that must have been the attachment screen, I've seen that on Amazon for the same price. This case it like $39, so if it's around the same price I'll get it at best buy when I pick up the new camera tomorrow vs waiting lol. Although I don't have a truck to use it on yet... lol
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:24 pm

yeah, it was around the same price.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Well, we'll see if they have it tomorrow when I go argue with Best Buy.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:17 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364433438.078762.jpg

Sent from you guessed it.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:26 am

*Note: this one is not compatible with GoPro 3, I suspect one will come out later that does.

I wonder if they will make a 'frame' version. Also, seems weird that they would have both lenses as close together as possible. I'd think you'd want them on opposite ends.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:05 pm

I'm thinking that I might go with the 'bulk' version, which is 'camera only*' and just buy the accessories that I need/want. Such as the Frame surround, suction cup mount and LCD backback.

'Camera Only' include the camera, home charger, car charger, battery & USB cable for $250.

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:08 pm

That's a good idea. Specially since it'll get a second camera and we do some cool 2 gopro action.

TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:49 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364528610.554687.jpg

The camera inside "the frame". Fits really nice and allows the USB charger slot to be open so you can charge while using it. Will be nice when I have it just on the dash. "The Frame" also comes with a rubber lens cover, nice thinking since it won't be protected when being moved around when not recording and not stationary.

I went to set it all up, but requires the micro sd card be in there to complete the update and set up the wifi. Once it's here looks pretty easy as you just download the update, couple clicks and it updates the firmware. Then you name the camera and set up a password for the wifi.

You can download 2 different gopro apps. One is free and one is $1.99. It's going to allow access to the camera for all its setting and does provide a view onto your phone of what the camera is seeing. You can use the phone to remotely tell it to start, stop etc. or use the remote if you buy the full set up like I did. In order to use the wifi from the phone to the camera, you'll need to go into settings, wifi and click on the connection that lists the gopro and put in the password you made during the setup while updating the firmware.

And that's all I know for now.

TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:26 pm

I picked up the following from best buy today: LCD back back, suction cup, 64 GB card, The Frame. I'll order a 'bulk' black edition pretty soon.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:56 pm

Did they have a special on the 64gb sd card?

TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:01 pm

They did, regular 99 something. I got it for 55.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:04 pm

I still haven't seen any of your videos...
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:09 pm

My sd card hasn't arrived. Suppose to be here Monday.

TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Looking at cases to carry all the accessories and what not for it. This particular one is quite pricy, but I'd like something big enough to carry all of it's stuff.

TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:21 pm

Ok well I got the Micro SD card today and with out playing with a lot of the settings, here is the first test with the kids. It looks a hell of a lot better on my computer than what uploaded to Youtube. I recorded this in 1080P Medium.

TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:27 pm

I think Seth has a future in cheer leading.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:29 pm

Maybe it'll be a brother/sister duo.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:57 am

Ordered my GoPro 3 - Black Edition, 'Bulk' version.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:56 am

Booo, went to download CineForm the the free program from gopro - the latest Mac platform it'll work on is 10.7 - I have 10.8.2 fail.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:55 pm

Well I have an idea that I'll try and test out this weekend if I'm able to head over to Kris'. Since I bought a new radio bezel that has two buttons, 1 for the fog light and one for the defrost or whatever can't remember. So I'm thinking for the second one instead of making it another fog lamp switch, fabbing up the USB plug that will come from the new radio to fit in there so I can plug the Gopro in there to charge while on the dash. Thoughts?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Sounds quite similar to what I was planning. :)
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Next

Return to Vehicle Mods