[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - EEE's Trailer Mods

EEE's Trailer Mods

Vehicle mods of all kinds.

EEE's Trailer Mods

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:58 am

So this morning I was bored and decided to make a new license plate holder for my trailer. The spot where it was was dragging pretty good already, and my new Texas plate is even taller.

To get it out of harms way, I decided to mount it at the end of the trailer. Since it would stick up there and be in the way for loading/unloading purposes, it needs to be removable. Why not put it on a hinge?

I cut out a piece of steel I had laying around to fit around the license plate and a little extra for a license plate bulb.

Welded on some hinges in the bottom, as well as a tab for the bar that would be mounted on the trailer. They aren't pretty, but I think I got decent penetration.

Here you can see it in place.

Back side with the bar and easily removed hitch pin. I made the bar by using a piece of flat steel stock, and notched it with an angle grinder. I then placed it into my vise and bent and hammered on it til it was a nice and flat 90 degrees. I then flipped it over and welded back in where the notch was. The same thing was done for the tab on the back of the frame.

Another view of the backside.

I took everything off to paint, and that's where I'm at now. I'll update pics when it's all dry.
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: Trailer Mods

Postby TxPlates » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:33 am

Looking good, where is the wiring for the license plate lamp going to go? Will it be able to be disconnected as well. Or swing with the plate?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Re: Trailer Mods

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:37 am

The light wiring is going to tie into the red marker lights right under it. I'll leave enough slack for it to fold down.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:10 pm

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: EEE's Trailer Mods

Postby TxPlates » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:41 pm

Very nice job sir.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby zavaral » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:51 pm

I like it. Good job.

Sent from my SGH-M919
zavaral

Postby TexasArmadillo » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Good job. Nice ingenuity.

Juggling more fur balls than a constipated cat.
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention: when I was unloading my truck off the trailer on Tuesday, I found that my truck is able to clear the new license plate bracket without folding it down, even without the ramps attached. So most of the time, I won't even have to mess with it.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:55 pm

Nice, less to break from being moved around then. You win.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Return to Vehicle Mods