[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - 1998 Explorer Question

1998 Explorer Question

Vehicle mods of all kinds.

1998 Explorer Question

Postby jjt2nd » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:21 pm

I have a 98 explorer sport. It has the auto 4wd on it.. I've been told that the hubs are always locked on this version of 4x4, but I'm not so sure about that. I would like to know what I need to do to get this thing trail worthy. I can find NOTHING for this year model. I suspect that the ranger lifts for the same year will work, but I'm skeptical. Anybody have a clue? I sure don't. <p></p><i></i>
jjt2nd

Re: 1998 Explorer Question

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:00 am

Superlift makes a lift for the 98 Explorer. Yes it is simular to the Ranger lift. Body lifts are available, as well as cranking the torsion bars with shackles in the rear. <br><br>There are other ways to make your Explorer Trail worthy lockers are available. <br><br>Not much can be done with the Hubs being engaged all the time, except cutting every thing out and install a solid axle in its spot. <p></p><i></i>
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Re: 1998 Explorer Question

Postby Sexy Evil ST » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:39 pm

Howdy!<br><br>Well, I guess I'm the 2nd Gen Explorer expert on this website.<br><br>As far as lifts, I'm not really sure what suspension lifts are available. If there is one, it's probably from Superlift.<br><br>I'm pretty sure body lifts are available. Performance Accessories is the company that should have a body lift for your model. <br><br>Be very careful if you try to buy something for a Ranger and try to put it on an Explorer. Rangers do have a lot of similarities, but they do have differences. The big one being that all Explorers have the leaf springs mounted under the rear axle and Rangers have the leaf springs over the rear axles. And of course the rear shocks mount differently too.<br><br>The cheapest easiest way to get it more trail worthy for the least amount of money would be to do:<br> 3" body lift<br> 32"/33" aggressive offroad tires<br> Powertrax locker in the rear and maybe one for the front.<br><br>*** Warning - you can't put a Powertrax locker in the front until you do the brown wire mod that disables the Auto mode.<br>You can find more info on the brown wire mod on www.explorerforum.com. I really don't know a whole lot about the brown wire mod because it doesn't apply to my Sport Trac. <p></p><i></i>
It's hard out here for a chimp!
Sexy Evil ST

Return to Vehicle Mods