[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Lincoln Revival part #1

Lincoln Revival part #1

Vehicle mods of all kinds.

Postby SVO » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:49 am

SVO

Postby Sexy Evil ST » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:24 am

It's hard out here for a chimp!
Sexy Evil ST

Second Episode of the Trilogy.....

Postby Stang Girl » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:00 pm

Well, today is the second episode of our trilogy. I personally have made it far enough to open the doors of the Demon Lincoln, remove the phone and floor mats, and loosen one bolt to the passenger seat. As you can see, I am not near as motivated as SVO. :angelhide

So, here we go again...

Here is our garage this morning, before all the mayhem begins again. :wink

And now for the show.... :cheers

Yep, that's right folks....the Ghost has his new heart!!! :thumbup
Jeff is still a madman :notworthy

Lori - 2004 Mustang GT aka Reaper
When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby Stang Girl » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:08 pm

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby JRodSA » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:18 pm

2009 is here, Take charge, take risks, take responsibility.
Live, Laugh, & most imporant LOVE
JRodSA

Postby Stang Girl » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:50 am

It's 9:20 am and everyone is still asleep but me. I really couldn't sleep because I have some muscles that won't let me forget that yesterday was the first time I have used them in awhile. Never knew taking interior out of a car would make me this sore. :roll

Tom (XLRVIII) and Tiffany (Tripany and previous owner of the Ghost ;) ) came in yesterday afternoon to see what Jeff had done. Tom just kept saying how crazy Jeff is.... :crazy Then Johstone came in as well...after taking a break and seeing all of the damage done...well, we decided for some mexican food and margaritas. We deserved at least that for all of our hard work. :pint

I didn't take as many pics yesterday just because the car looks normal after being put back together and I was sniffing glue with the interior of the Demon Lincoln. :wtf I do need to remember however, that Jeff is very sneaky about taking pics of me when I am not paying attention, so yeah, he snuck in a couple of me at my very best. :-x

So, here are yesterday's pics. I'll take more today. I know the plan today is to get the interior out of the Ghost and put the Demon Lincoln interior in.

P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby Stang Girl » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:01 pm

Ok, well at least the drivetrain swap is. I still have to do the interior. :violin Anyway, you will see Tiffany, Tom, and Johnstone in the pics as well as the crazy madman :crazy so enjoy....more pics later.... :angelhide

P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby JRodSA » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:42 pm

looks awesome, glad u got afew extra hands in the last bang

can't wait to go for a ride in the new ride

lori , glad u brouhgt up the 91 couple, so when r we going to pick that thing up?? when i say thing, i mean my new street racer, lol :o
JRodSA

More pics....

Postby Stang Girl » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:53 am

XLRVIII's car, before the Seafoam. :p

Yeah, I am tired of all this Lincoln talk :rolleyes: ...let's look at my car. :D

Jeff washing the Ghost to make him all pretty. :)

P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby JRodSA » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:49 pm

shouldn't that be a SHINER BOCK, WTF, i just realized what u had in ur hand

and i'm takin the ghost for a test drive this weekend just fyi, :rockon [/img]
JRodSA

Postby SVO » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:36 am

Ok, here we go again, and since it's the weekend, it's now Stang Girl. ;) Well, since age has caught up with us, we are now working on the rear suspension. Those things are heavy!!!!

Just a reminder, the plan was to take the rear suspension out of the Demon Lincoln and swap it with the rear suspension of the Ghost. Lot easier to take it out of the DL with no drive shaft or exhaust to have to worry about. Now putting it in the Ghost and taking the present suspension out is going to be the challenge. More pics as that develops, but here are the ones from tonight.

Hmmm, may need to start another contest on objects in the pics. Lots more tomorrow guys. Stay tuned, the story isn't over yet. ;) :D
SVO

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:33 am

I don't know how you can stand this thread on dial up. I get tired of waiting for it load on a 108k connection!

What's the diff between the two rear ends that you are making the swap? Or is the Ghost just worn out?
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby SVO » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:41 am

SVOC Federation of Techno-ology

Official copious user of the :finger
SVO

Postby Stang Girl » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:42 am

Well, I feel kind of bad because I had to run a couple of errands in Austin and by the time I got back, Jeff had put it in overdrive and nearly finished the swap, so I didn't get the cool pictures of what he had to go through with the driveshaft of the Ghost, etc. :roll Maybe he can fill you in on what he had to do. As of today, minus the interior, the Ghost is officially finished mechanically. He runs like a totally different, and much happier car. Jeff is back up to 28 mpg and that makes our pocketbook a lot happier as well. :thumbup

I waited until today to upload the pics because let's be honest...it took like 5 minutes to upload the pics from work compared to the 45 minutes for the same pics if I had done it on the dial-up from home. :oops

And finally, the mechanically finished product leaving the garage. :clap

But you got to love the Demon Lincoln on it's caster shoes... :lol
P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby SVO » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:38 pm

Well, well, well, took a little trip lastnight to Lonestar Raceway Park to do some shake down passes.

Remeber other than a pair of 3 chamber Blowmaster mufflers, this 4000lbs. land missle is bone stock!

I averaged 28.6 mpg on my 82 mile jaunt to the track with the A/C.

Launching with an IRS, street tires, and no LSD is something a little new to me but none the less......

Posted over on

Thread:

Well prolly the best run of the night was after I hot lapped the Grey Ghost with the UFO (Danny) about 4 times in a row, then Tiffany came up dangling her keys at me, wanting me to drive the Dark Mark while she piloted the newly rivived Grey Ghost.

Dark Mark: 93'PMC w/chip

Grey Ghost: 3 chamber Blowaster's

With the Grey Ghost and the Tiffany mod and me (and my fat a$$) in the Dark Mark we rolled to the staging lanes as everybody watched in anticipation, she was back in the original saddle that she first started out racing in.

We did our burnouts and proceeded to the tree.........

In two previous races this night, in our own cars, she treed me both times.

The tension was high the lights came down an BANGI blasted the Dark Mark out of the hole, looked down the track at the board I saw that I had nailed her ass to the wall on the tree, you knew the crowd was Ooooooing and Awwwwwwing!

Tiff an I were foot to the wood while we looked over at each other wondering who was gonna pull ahead, the Ghost creaping on the Dark Mark, door handle to door handle we kept starring at each other through the window with huge smiles on our faces in amazement as these barges were nearing the end of thier parade lap at WFO.

As we blasted across the line it was waaaay too close for anyone of to tell who won, the only people who knew at this time were the spectators.

As we approced the timeslip stand even the lady handing out the tickets was amazed, not only for the fact that Tiff was in her old car but that the times were almost too close to call.

As I obsevered, Tiff was handed the yellow slip and I was graciously handed the white slip and we rolled back to the paddock's with joyious 2nd gear scartches echoing throughout.

Upon arrival we gave each other a huge hug and compared timeslips to find that the marginal of differance between the two was only close enough to be told by the timing equipment. minus the reaction times.

Thanx to Tiff for letting me flogg the Dark Mark and for the one an only time I'll ever prolly get a chance to beat her at the tree.

I hope you had as much fun piloting your old sted down the track again.

Thanx, for prolly the most stunning "Wide Open Throttle" parade lap that LSR has ever seen and the chance to have a hot topic at the post race breakfast aside from the hotest topic at the track for the evening.

I know this was great fun for I as for everyone else that attended lastnight, it was funny to see people stop in mid conversation as the Ghost reapeared at the track after more than year long sabatical, it was more than funny to see people rubbing on the Ghost to get some of the most wanted mojo that so graciouly made you the hottest contender/most feared driver at LSR.

I passed along the hug you wanted Lori to have and she was bound an determined to be at the track with me this coming friday, looks as though my rien of glory has come to an end, as I will happily turn over the keys to let yet another young lady start her bracket racing history in the ever popular Grey Ghost, till I get the Ghost's old heart put into a Fox body with it's new driveline, dubbed.......................... The Grim Reaper!

Jeff - :skull
SVO

Postby Stang Girl » Mon May 01, 2006 12:15 pm

P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

You know you are a Lincoln car addict when...

Postby SVO » Wed May 03, 2006 3:55 pm

1 Your dealer hides when he sees you coming.

2 You have interesting conversations with the hardware guy about

3 the flow characteristics of sewer pipe.

4 Mobil 1 sends you a card at Christmas.

5 You know what "TSB" means.

6 You get an erection whenever someone says "4.6 DOHC".

7 Geno {MAXRPM} tells you to quit bothering him.

8 You know who Gene Deputy is.

9 You wave at perfect strangers who have the same car as you...and they wave back!

10 You can't function on the job because your spouse took your
car to work today.

11 You spend at least an hour a week polishing your exhaust pipes.

12 You face Carlisle and pray five times a day.

13 You won't vacuum the house once a month but you sweep the garage once a week.

14 Your wife wants to know why your underwear smells like car exhaust.

15 You like to set a red or blue coffee mug on the dash and tailgate people.

16 Your dealer calls you when he has good deals on Mark VIII parts.

17 Your dealer calls you with Lincoln questions.

18 You wave at perfect strangers who have the same car as you...and get mad when they don't wave back!

19 You follow perfect strangers off the freeway to give them LOD applications, never dreaming that you are scaring the @#%$ out of them.

20 Your dog can fetch a 10mm box end wrench.

21 You swing by the house at lunch to check your LOD e-mail instead of eating.

22 You would rather drive across the country, even though it is twice as cheap to fly.

23 You say, "look! there goes a '98 Collectors Edition" and you can't understand why nobody else knows what you're talking about.

24 Normally, you give your wife static for sending you to the grocery store but today you volunteer to go because you just found out that a picture of your car is in the February issue of MMFF.

25 You spend 15 minutes driving around a crowded parking lot hoping to find that perfect spot, even though the movie has already started.

26 The first waking thought you have at 6 A.M. EVERY Saturday morning is to get up and go wash your Mark VIII

27 You have an 8 x 10 color printout (downloaded from the Internet) of an Mark VIII doing a smoky burnout, hanging on your office wall.

28 The only thing you use your computer for anymore is to check for new Lincolns of Distinction e-mail.

29 You are looking forward to the warranty expiring so you can do some of the better mods you've read about one these websites.

30 You get really cranky when you check your snail mail and there is no LOD newsletter, and you know that others have gotten theirs.

31 You take heart knowing that those bugs paid the ultimate price for messing up the front of your Mark VIII.

32 Your wife/girlfriend now points out Mark VIII's and can tell you the difference between a93, 94, 95 and a 96. not to mention the 97's and 98's.

33 You request a parking lot view of your car instead of an ocean front so you can watch the guys gawk at your car instead of gawking at the babes on the beach!!!

34 You mail the Governor of Tennessee and the Mayor of Nashville to ask them to name the States new NFL Team the Tennessee Lincolns!!!

35 You wake up in the middle of the night, slink over to the window, part the curtains, and gaze at your car for a minute or so. At least twice per night.

36 You cannot stop smirking. .You eat lots of meat, drink lots of beer, don't exercise hardly enough, watch a lot of TV, and generally don't give a rat's patootie about your health, but MAN, you treat that car like it's the last living member of the species on Earth. Which it is, really.

37 You calculate your gas mileage every time you fuel up, and get mad at your significant other when she doesn't reset the trip odometer when SHE fuels up -- but, you probably don't let her fuel it up anyway.

38 You sneakily look in the rear view mirror to see if that Bubba you've just passed is sneakily trying to get a second look at your car.

39 You can hardly conceal that insane grin as people gawk at your car, but you try your best to look indifferent, even bored.

40 You keep grumbling "sorry" to your wimpy passengers for snapping their necks back and forth. Your wife actually knows what an off idle launch is.

41 You get in fist fights over the morality of odometer disconnection.

42 You don't eat lunch at work because if you save the $6.00 every day so in 15 weeks you can buy the H.I.D."S from Dennis!!

43 You measure EVERY new home garage to make sure the Mark VIII fits, otherwise refuse to buy the house.

44 Everytime you pass by the garage door you open it just to look.

45 You drive 15 miles out of your way trying to catch that Second Gen LSC you KNOW hasn't been flyered yet.

46 You buy the SMH Resins Mark VIII model kit and then buy a '01 Ford Lightning truck kit so you can put the Supercharged 5.4 in it.

47 You wipe down your Mark VIII after each time you use it.

48 You have mats on top of the factory floor mats.

49 You park your car on some type of mat on the garage floor.

50 You always wave to other Mark VIII owners on the highway.

51 You carry a color-coded container in the trunk full of cleaning supplies.

52 You budget more for MAXRPM parts than say, family vacations.

53 You send your oil out for contaminant testing, just like the Space Shuttle.

54 You start buying clothes that match your Lincoln as well as your skin tone.

55 You refer to your girlfriend as "a convertible F-Body owner".

56 You cut the workbench in half so the car will fit in the garage.

57 You only patronize convenience store whose cups FIT in the cup holder.

58 You know how to fold a LOD application so that it flies correctly when thrown across lanes of traffic.

59 You have more pictures of the car than you do of the wife.

60 You save up for weeks to cut 2/10ths off your 1/4 mile time.

61 Take a VACATION to drive to Texas to stand out in the SUN in a PARKING LOT.

62 You discover your spouse has a much broader vocabulary above 120 mph.

63 Your fiancé walks in naked with that sparkle-in-their-eye, but you need "just one more minute" to finish reading the latest LOD news letter.

64 You've had to explain the term "pucker factor".

65 You measure all family acquisitions in terms of the number of mods that could have been purchased.

66 You know well that Orthodontic work is the equivalent of three sets of HID's

67 You sit in your Mark VIII in a dark garage and make car noises while waiting for the Lincoln mechanic to finish under the hood.

68 Your wife says, "If you buy nitrous, I'm getting a new mink."

69 You have enough spare parts to build another Mark VIII

70 You have Lincoln parts in your cubicle at work.

71 If you can't remember when you last worked on weekdays and rested on weekends.

72 Registered for wedding gifts at the MAXRPM website

73 Your Christmas list begins with 4.10's and a Blower.

74 After your answer to "How was your weekend?" the next question is always: "And you do this for fun? Right?"

75 Your friends don't recognize you without an Lincoln shirt and sunglasses.

76 You astound the clerk at Sears by bringing in a snapped breaker bar every other week or so.

78 You complain when cars in front of you on highway off-ramps don't stay on the line, causing your exit speed to drop.

79 A neighbor asks if you have any oil, to which you query, "Synthetic or organic?" and they reply, "Vegetable or corn."

80 You tell a friend you need to clean up the heads this weekend and they think you mean the toilets.

81 You refer to the corner down the street from your house as "Turn One."

82 You look at the fire hydrant at that corner and see an apex marker.

83 You always late apex the intersection and try to pass few cars coming out.

84 You can't stand understeer.

85 You've ever tried to convince your wife that you really need that flow bench to fix the air filter on her station wagon.

86 You save broken car parts as "mementos".

87 You've found your lawnmower runs pretty good on 93 octane gas (*after* Jerry recalibrated the ECM...).

88 You know that you're a real gear-head when during a phone call to your wife to wish her a happy Mother's Day.., you ask her how the Mark VIII is doing.

By LOD member Tommy "XLRVIII" Douglas

February 1, 2002
SVO

Re: You know you are a Lincoln car addict when...

Postby Stang Girl » Wed May 03, 2006 7:45 pm

P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby SVO » Mon May 29, 2006 1:59 pm

SVO

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon May 29, 2006 3:00 pm

Looking good! :thumbup
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby JRodSA » Mon May 29, 2006 6:28 pm

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttt
JRodSA

Postby Stang Girl » Wed May 31, 2006 1:51 pm

P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Previous

Return to Vehicle Mods