[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Anybody heard anything about an X-Files reboot?

Anybody heard anything about an X-Files reboot?

This is the forum for Movies and television, books, fiction, poetry, music, etc.

Anybody heard anything about an X-Files reboot?

Postby mr. everyman » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:42 pm

I don't know why Fox is saying reboot, when it's going to involve the original actors and characters. I thought a reboot was essentially starting over?

I'm not sure If I want to be excited about this or not.

Well one thing is for sure, with the successful teleportation of the quantum state of a photon into a crystal over at the university of Geneva, the discovery of the Gulf of Mexican pocket shark, the recent unexplained swarms of goldfish that suddenly appeared in Colorado lakes, and the mysterious methane blob which appeared in the southwestern United States over the four corners region, Fox should have plenty of pseudoscience on which to base the zany escapades of our two favorite FBI hero's who are so often out on the lamb.

But does anybody else see something a little more insidious here? Can Fox stoop any lower than to usurp the influence of two of america's most trusted and loved law enforcement characters in recent memory, in a doomed from the gate attempt to savage the public view of THE SYSTEM long enough for them to buy a few more tanks and a over-sized grab bag of military grade equipment, in a clear attempt to circumvent our constitutional protections against being policed by the military? Will Mulder and Scully, champions of the public good, be reduced to nothing more than smoke and mirrors for the conservative media giant, as the gulf between normal citizens and law enforcement continues to grow? And when will I get my McPayment with cheese?

Mmmmm probably never haha, plus I'm Hungray for Duchovnay!

Ay Dios Mio :o
About as close to unreality, as never being, ever was.
mr. everyman
Cowboy Crust Buster & Rule Bender

Re: Anybody heard anything about an X-Files reboot?

Postby 8am8am » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:39 pm

I'm keeping an eye on it. I'm intrigued, but not enough confirmed information has come out for me to start formulating an opinion. This is saying reboot, others are saying mini series event, few different format styles, & directions of plot...so I'm wait & see for the time being.

I've got high hopes for Mulder's upcoming summer series. I haven't dug into the details yet, just caught a few of the promos. It's called Aquarius, based around the events & life of Charlie & his Manson famly....Mulder appears to be the key investigator, idk the early promos haven't been too revealing...
8am8am

Postby mr. everyman » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:10 pm

I'll have to keep an eye out for that, I hadn't heard he was doing a new series. Don't know how excited I am that it centers around Charles Manson... I mean yeah Manson is and continues to be a powerful and intriguing figure, but haven't we seen enough of that character?

I dunno, maybe they'll change my mind. I just hope I won't have to hear too much neo-new-age mysticism while listening to his rants, haha.
mr. everyman

Postby TxPlates » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:01 pm

I saw the commercial for the new series with David on the Manson one. I'll watch anything with David D in it. I think the x files will just pick up where they left off.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby mr. everyman » Thu May 14, 2015 7:01 pm

mr. everyman

Postby TxPlates » Thu May 14, 2015 7:21 pm

Lol
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Return to Media Room