[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Turbo 4 Conversion, The Nasty Hoe Gets Blown!

Turbo 4 Conversion, The Nasty Hoe Gets Blown!

Project threads for Demon vehicles.

Postby SVO » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:05 am

Kris got with the program, I'm tired just from watching him work so hard, almost makes me feel guilty.

Well almost :P
SVO

Postby Justin Klare » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:17 am

hey i feel the same way on my swap. kris is a workaholic. i feel bad when we are doing my truck because i feel like i am just standing there with my thumb up my ass while he is doing something.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby Stang Girl » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:03 am

Lori - 2004 Mustang GT aka Reaper
When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby Stang Girl » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:24 am

Thanks to Jon for this one.... :twisted:

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby SVO » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:44 am

SVO

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:50 am

KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby SVO » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:19 pm

SVO

Postby Justin Klare » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:15 pm

what the fuck did you just say? i am soooo lost. so the winch is getting mounted between the radiator and motor?
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby SVO » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:18 pm

SVO

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:57 pm

KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby SVO » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:43 am

SVO

Postby Stang Girl » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:58 am

P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby SVO » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:30 pm

SVOC Federation of Techno-ology

Official copious user of the :finger
SVO

Postby Justin Klare » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:32 pm

Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby SVO » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:48 pm

Fluorescent yellow, with a smidge of black here and there, I decided against the green, sorry :(

SVO

Postby Justin Klare » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:12 pm

cool.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby SVO » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:27 pm

Ready for disassembly, reseal and repaint:

SVO

Postby Justin Klare » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:23 pm

she looks perty.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby SVO » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:45 pm

Summerized:

Well just to let you know since the post I was able to make the Ranger motor mounts work so I didn't have to modify the Turbo Coupe mounts.

Re-pressure washed the engine compartment, removed the battery tray, and cleaned out arranged the back with all the stuff in it, went up stairs ind pulled down all the Turbo Coupe parts that will be needed, and took out what I'll need tomorrow and put the rest in a box in the back of the Turbo Hoe.

And move the Mustang Coupe out of the way so I can use the Rat Tactor to move the Turbo Hoe tomorrow morning.

[SIZE="6"]Houston, we're a go for launch![/SIZE]

Well...............

Ran into a few problems, on was the HVAC box where the evaporator is located at sticks out too far, and after removing that, we progressed a little futher till the power steering bracket got in the way which will have to be modified.

Then came the big set back, the oil pan isn't correct, I thought about massaging it and the crossmember but to no avail I think that may be a bad idea.

I guess I'll remove all the HVAC out from under the hood, unless I can hand make a ducting system to allow air flow with the blower motor.

Here's a few photos:

All the PCM wiring harness:

Ok, well to say the least, we're a dependant country, point in case is, that it's a bit chilly to wander outside in PJ's to take a smoke break, while enjoying my magical bean juice in the morning.

So I was out of coffee yesterday, and not keeping all my thoughts inline like I normally do.

This morning I wandered into the garage (it's climate controlled) to enjoy a smoke while having my bean juice and was staring at my rig when it dawned on me :eek:, "HEY DUMBASS WHY DON'T YOU MOVE THE MOTOR MOUNTS BACK!!!

Here I was contemplating using a Ranger 2.5 pan, come to think of it, there is no difference, the difference it in the crossmember of the Explorer/Navajo cromember from the Ranger, the Ex/Nav is a heavier/beefier vehicle, and requires a different crossmember.

So, since I have about 3"-4" tollerance to the back of the firewall, why don't I just move the engine back, that will also give a better front to back wieght distribution, which is what I'm looking for anyways, hence the movement of the fuel tank, and the install of the turbo 4 popper.

:banghead: somtimes it takes stepping away from it, and having some coffee clears a lot of things up.

Well this also must have been a clear sign for me to take the oil pan off too, now I was going to reseal the motor anyways before I put it to use, but I decided to take that pan off to see how much clearance I had between the pick-up tube and the pitch on the pan to cut and reshape the pan to fit the crossmember.

When I got the pan off I found a bout a 1/2" of nasty sludge in the botom of the pan, none in the motor, since it has sat right side up and not been run in who knows how long, so all of it is at the bottom of the pan, so I take it as a sign or whatever, but this now gives me a chance to make sure the whole inside of the engine assy is throughly cleaned.

I'm supposed to hang some cieling fans today, if I get a break, I'll prolly pull all the sheet metal off the frontend of the rig to re-evaluate the wiring locations, fo the chassis harness as well as the PCM harness, and I might actually start working on relocating the engine mounts rear ward.

After debating, this whole project, the HVAC box is coming out, including the one under the dash assy.

Point in case, this is a trail rig, wieght distribution, less wieght, not used as a daily driver, and It's mearly a toy.

And like Rick's inital thought's when building his, not just for crawling rocks, but jumping this thing would also be nice, so the consideration of some high speed trail/back road running, and some minor air time are being considered in the build as well.

Yeah I prolly should have been hanging ceiling fans today :rolleyes:

SVO

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:24 pm

OMG progress!!!!!
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby SVO » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:32 pm

I have the fenders and the hood saved for you Kris

SVO

Postby Stang Girl » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:51 pm

Turbo is being picked up today so it looks like he just needs the torque convertor then he should be good to go.

:idea Now that the Rat Tractor has NOS and the Nasty Hoe will have a turbo, how about the sports car that is meant to go fast aka Reaper get a supercharger? :P
P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby JRodSA » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:50 pm

haha, right on Lori

Jeff, great to see your rig back in the line up of projects, and that the parts are all coming together
2009 is here, Take charge, take risks, take responsibility.
Live, Laugh, & most imporant LOVE
JRodSA

Postby Justin Klare » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:08 am

Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby SVO » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:43 am

SVO

PreviousNext

Return to Demon Projects