[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Adventure Trailer Build

Adventure Trailer Build

Project threads for Demon vehicles.

Adventure Trailer Build

Postby Justin Klare » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Most of you know that I am building a 93 Ford Ranger and most of you know that I have recently said that after I finish building the Ranger I was gonna build an old rat rod car or truck. Well the more I've had time to think about it, the more I've leaned towards going ahead with another thing I had planned to build before the rat rod and it will stay in that order. I am going to build a adventure trailer since we are planning on hitting the trails hard next year. Here is a build I've been following. Mine will be for the most part simillar.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Re: Adventure Trailer Build

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Sweet, looks like a fun project. I'm curious to see how it turns out. :)
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Justin Klare » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:48 pm

you need to build one while your truck is at Texas auto gear :poke
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby TxPlates » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:04 am

That is pretty sweet. Where are you going to start looking for stuff to do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:34 am

I think my brother has one of the 4x4 ones that he's not using...
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:13 am

A couple of my initial reactions to the article:
1. Some of those welds look downright scary (that is to say - even worse than mine).
2. For a budget build article, he sure goes out of his way to buy new parts (and not mention any costs whatsoever).
3. The bottom frame of the trailer steel looks thin in the images. I'm curious as to what gauge steel that is.
4. The new axle tube thickness of 2" .120 wall - seems thin to me as well. What is standard trailer axle tubing? I know the Dana 60 has .500 wall thickness, for example. Seems to me it might be a better idea to simply buy a trailer axle. I'm sure a 3500 pund axle couldn't be all that expensive, nor does a 65" WMS width seem rare or unheard of.
5. The top of the trailer is built to handle 500 pounds - and carry two adults. That math seems a bit off to me. Justin and myself would be pushing 450 pounds by ourselves - before the 135 pounds of tent are factored in to the equation.
6. The 2" ball hitch - in my opinion, an offroad trailer should use a pintle hitch (or a Max Coupler).

Good lord - I just priced out an adventure trailer with all the options - $18,814.67.

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Adventure Trailer Build

Postby Justin Klare » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Exactly why I'm building one. It's gonna be basic for a while, then I'll upgrade to sink, shower, hot water tank, etc.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:59 pm

Looks like he started with: - Regular price: $459.99 / Current Sale Price: $349.99

- Regular Price: $39.99 / Current Sale Price: $32.99

- Regular Price: $159.99 / Current Sale Price: $119.99

- Regular Price: $7.99

Didn't see the trailer side accessories on their site.

That ARB tent goes for $1250-1500!!
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Adventure Trailer Build

Postby Justin Klare » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Anyone want to pitch in for the tent? I might already have a trailer to start with.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Adventure Trailer Build

Postby Justin Klare » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:35 pm

The donation for the tent was a joke by the way.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby TxPlates » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Now I wanna build one out of the old bed from the sport trac after I put the new one on.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Adventure Trailer Build

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:46 pm

Nice. I was thinking a ranger bed would be neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:01 pm

C'mon, a sport trac pulling a sport trac bed fully accessorized. That would be awesome.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:32 pm

I said NICE, didn't I?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:39 pm

I expected more along the lines of "extraordinary"
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Adventure Trailer Build

Postby Justin Klare » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:53 pm

I think when he said Ranger he was talking to me.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby TxPlates » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Oh surprise, Klare once again thinks everything is always about him....
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Adventure Trailer Build

Postby Justin Klare » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:19 pm

I learn from you.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby TxPlates » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:54 pm

lol I'm not so sure about that.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:43 am

Did I understand you correctly that the base trailer from that article has been discontinued?

Have you looked in to the different roof top tents that you might be interested in using?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Adventure Trailer Build

Postby Justin Klare » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:49 am

Can't remember if kris said they were discontinued or out of stock. Haven't looked into roof top tents yet.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:30 pm

I was thinking that it might be cool to get one that would also fit across the bed rails of my pickup, in case I don't feel like taking the whole trailer.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby zavaral » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:28 pm

I think it was on EF that a dude build something like that in the back of his truck. It'll be pretty nifty if it has a cover that flipped up like the hatch on our trucks with a shower head built in it. I didn't really look at the articles, so there is a chance I might be talking out my ass and you already have that planned....so...possibly disregaurd everything I said. Lol

Sent from my crap Sidekick using Forum Runner
zavaral

Postby zavaral » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:30 pm

It would also be cool to have some sort of filtration system to clean used water...maybe....kinda... ill shut up now

Sent from my crap Sidekick using Forum Runner
zavaral

Postby TxPlates » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Next you'll suggest to recycle urine..... :legion
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Next

Return to Demon Projects