[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 400: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Rock Trac Rebuild #2

Rock Trac Rebuild #2

Project threads for Demon vehicles.

Rock Trac Rebuild #2

Postby TxPlates » Thu May 08, 2014 5:17 pm

Well as you're all aware, the Trac suffered some damage on the last run (yes I know it's been awhile) and it's time to rebuild. So I dropped her off at a friends body shop in town on Monday. I decided to have everything fixed, including old dents and what not. She'll be restored to look brand new (even though I know some will say why?, to that I say why not? lol). Went and put the deposit down today for the rebuild so that it would start now, they're estimating 3-4 weeks till she's done. One part they quoted me on was the tailgate to which what they could find was more than I wanted to spend, so I told them I'd find one and bring it up once obtained. I've got a few feelers out now that are close to me get one, and and e-mail to an ebay member that's close to my mom that has one that she can pick up for me should I decide to buy it.

So here are some pictures of before:

ImageImageImageImageImage

The shop is going to e-mail me updated pictures of the repair process along the way, so when I get them I'll post them up.

Also discussing with Randall on which new axles and hubs to get, we'll take care of those after it's out of the shop.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Re: Rock Trac Rebuild #2

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu May 08, 2014 6:17 pm

Here are my current thoughts towards that end:

Hubs:
Best option:

Decent option:

U Joints:
Best Option:

Low-end option:

Axle Shafts:
Outer axle shafts (You'll need 2):

Driver's side inner shaft:

Passenger side inner shaft:

Or, even better than all of the above (you'd still need hubs, but no ujoints or shafts) would be an RCV kit.

Note: You'd have to have the passenger side inner for the link above cut down 5.85"
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Thu May 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Sweet, anyone else wanna chime in ?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Thu May 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Looks good can't wait to see the progress I'll keep an eye out for a tail gate as well
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri May 09, 2014 11:50 am

Any opinions on what I posted, KG?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby MrQ » Sun May 11, 2014 5:37 pm

Glad you are going to get this guy back up and running! I still have yet to wheel with it and I was hoping to get the chance. :bounce
-Dan

1998 Ford Explorer 4WD "Red Flyer II"
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD "Tanner"
MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby TxPlates » Sun May 11, 2014 6:28 pm

Yep we won't recognize her when she's done lol.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TexasArmadillo » Sun May 11, 2014 6:59 pm

What happened to the 4x4? I remember part of the problem was that it went out.

Sent from a Samsung Note 2.
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby TxPlates » Sun May 11, 2014 8:34 pm

Axle and hub broke. I'll fix those after it's out if the body shop.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Tue May 13, 2014 7:12 pm

Got a new tailgate today. Image
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue May 13, 2014 7:14 pm

Looks like the wrong color. :P
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Tue May 13, 2014 7:29 pm

Close enough no? Lll
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Tue May 13, 2014 7:30 pm

Gonna drop it off Monday and it'll be painted black to match. They'll swap out the ford emblems so I can keep the faded red ones Johnstone made.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Mon May 19, 2014 6:02 pm

So I dropped off the tailgate today to find out the shop can't locate the door that they were originally quoted for. I've made a ton of calls today with no luck. Got several feelers out with folks I know looking for me, so wish me luck.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon May 19, 2014 6:04 pm

*cough*tubedoors*cough*
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Wed May 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Got a few leads on some doors, hopefully one pans out. Also got the shop seeing if they can get the hannemann fenders and bedsides.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TxPlates » Sat May 24, 2014 10:05 am

Well after all my searches came across an almost complete trac. Guy I'm getting it from needs the tailgate, left rear door and motor/tranny. Gonna get the rest, use what I need then strip the rest and sell it to recoup my money. ImageImageImageImageImage
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Sat May 24, 2014 10:42 am

Nice find is the Trac a 4x4? Let me know if you need help striping her down.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat May 24, 2014 10:53 am

Nice find. Where at?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Sat May 24, 2014 11:23 am

It's a little north of Cleveland tx.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Rock Trac Rebuild #2

Postby TxPlates » Sat May 24, 2014 9:30 pm

Once the shop is done taking what they need I'll bring it home and take off what I can sell. You're welcome to come join me, everyone!
Last edited by TxPlates on Sun May 25, 2014 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Sun May 25, 2014 11:22 am

I'll be glad to make a trip out your way
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby TxPlates » Sun May 25, 2014 11:58 am

Sounds good. I'll let you know when it's at the house.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby MrQ » Sun May 25, 2014 3:08 pm

I'm a monthly commuter to Austin anyway, an extra few miles north is nothin'.
-Dan

1998 Ford Explorer 4WD "Red Flyer II"
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD "Tanner"
MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby TxPlates » Sun May 25, 2014 3:18 pm

Maybe we can make it a demon gtg
TxPlates