[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Bandit Customs Famous rig rebuild

Bandit Customs Famous rig rebuild

Project threads for Demon vehicles.

Bandit Customs Famous rig rebuild

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:44 am

So the current owner (Justin K.) of this Explorer has hired Bandit Customs for the rebuild of his Rig. When it arrived to us the Explorer body was gone and bare Ranger cab was in place. The choice was made to move a completely different direction. Now a motor and transmission swap are now involved.

The short list includes

99 Mountaineer body
4.0 SOHC swap
5R55E Auto (rebuild)
Doubler installed between trans and 1354
Restore frame.
Fill in welds do to missed location when SAS was installed (this happens when the motor/body is in the way while we have it apart it will be cleaned up)
Modify Trans cross-member to be removable and clearance for drive shaft with doubler in place.
Hyrdo assist install.
rework the exhaust.

Im currently looking at Monday to get the paint for the frame, most if it has been stripped and primer has been applied.

92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Re: Bandit Customs Famous rig rebuild

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:35 am

What kind of paint are you using on the frame?
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:00 am

I wont know till Monday. I will be going to the paint shop that day to select what I plan to use.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:49 am

So what did you get?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:45 am

Havnt chose a paint yet we have done more work to the frame. We welded all the joints together to give the frame and cap mounts more strength.

ImageImageImage
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Guess no one is following this thread
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby BigTim55 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:55 pm

I'm following. Quick question tho...
Why is this one famous? Was it in a movie?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
A 2WD stuck in a world of 4WD
"I'll be the guy to get a full size to bring some more diversity in this closed minded group lol."
BigTim55
No Show, No Go
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:41 pm

It's been around since the beginning of demon and been owned by three demon members.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby 8am8am » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:04 am

I'm hurr too, & i bet creepy ol'man magic mike from down the way is watching too.

just hadn't seen/had reason to comment, was wondering about 'famous' too, but figured it was the rig name.
8am8am

Postby MrQ » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:35 pm

I'm following just not commenting, till now. :)
-Dan

1998 Ford Explorer 4WD "Red Flyer II"
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD "Tanner"
MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:40 am

Ok cool. I just felt like I was talking to myself on this one. :drunk
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:52 pm

Over the weekend I painted the frame and we swapped the new body onto the frame.

Here is photo updates from the weekend:

92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:35 pm

Nice. IIRC, the front frame horns are different. What are you going to have to do about that?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby MrQ » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:05 pm

Actually the front body mount locations are different between 1st and 2nd gen and thats one of the major reasons Red doesn't have a first gen frame. The frame horns are merely cut and weld if i remember correctly.
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby TxPlates » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Very nice. Love that the frames not all rusty. We'll have to finish mine that way if it ever comes back lol.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Yes there will be some modification to the front body mounts and the core support from the donor mountaineer is all bent to hell. We plan to cut out the core support and weld in all the metal to fix that. We will also have to modify the mounts at the core support.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby Idleone » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:10 pm

Looks sweet! My HOA would kill me however :upto
2011 Ford Raptor SuperCrew 6.2
Idleone
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby TxPlates » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:29 pm

You're hoa shits over shit.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:46 am

Are you modifying the shock towers? Or is there another reason they weren't painted?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby 8am8am » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:29 am

I vote since nothing is painted forward the rear shock tower arm, it's just a big 'steer clear' area given all the front modding/welding/grinding etc.....

but what i hope is it was done just to irritate you. :D

it's looking good tho, almost good enuff to make me want a sploder.
8am8am

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:07 am

First of all I live in a neighborhood with out an hoa (did this on purpose) my neighbors are cool with it since we fix their cars. It surprises me how many people get homes with an hoa just to be told how to live it's like gun control for houses.

Now second on the painting in front of the shock towers I haven't painted that because I plan to remove the coilovers and I have to cut and weld a few things in this area not going to paint till fabrication is complete
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby MrQ » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:46 am

W00t can hardly wait till its finished.
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:04 pm

Updates?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby mr. everyman » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:14 am

Are you guys using a TIG welder on those joints?
About as close to unreality, as never being, ever was.
mr. everyman
Cowboy Crust Buster & Rule Bender

Return to Demon Projects