[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - 91 Explorer 700r4 swap

91 Explorer 700r4 swap

Project threads for Demon vehicles.

Re: 700r4 swap

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:21 pm

Ranger Buggy !? Please explain this..
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:35 pm

;)
Last edited by KF5ZXT on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:01 pm

700r4 (4wd version) is here. Now I just need that adapter plate. :roll
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Michael » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:17 pm

Cool! :smokin
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:05 pm

OK all, I am finally ordering my front tranny adapter plate for the 700r4 on Monday. :pimp
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:30 pm

I ordered it through CRLCustoms.com. $354 and change. It should be here by next week or so. :)
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Michael » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:42 pm

How come through them and not from Jesse or straight from AA?
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:29 pm

Jesse wanted $380, and AA wants $425, and I'm a married man on a budget. :)
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Michael » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:32 pm

figured it was $ if you avoided Jesse.
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:28 pm

Adapter is here :D
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:08 am

So when would you like to get the Installation ball rolling...

BTW I am off this weekend.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:40 pm

Yeah, you would want to do it superbowl weekend ;) I could leave Saturday morning to bring it out there to work on. Just remember that game time is 5:35 ;)
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:54 pm

Its cool with me... I dont mind working on it before the Game...

Kris
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:41 pm

Give me your addy so I can make my way down there.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:40 am

<i>**Address withheld for member privacy**</i>

Were you just going to bring it down and try to get the Whole swap done by sunday. I am not saying it cant be done. I just need to know what the game plan was incase things dont go as planned...
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby Michael » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:03 am

Keep me filled in on the game plan as well, and I'll try to do what I can to help out.
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:44 pm

I am thinking of leaving on saturday morning, do you want to meet up with me for the drive?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Michael » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:08 am

Can't go today, I have to take my dad back to the airport for a 1pm flight. I thought you were talking about tomorrow.
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:02 am

We've got the tranny up into place with the shifter on it. We had to grind about 6 square centimeters of material from the bellhousing adapter to get it to fit around the aftermarket headers I have. We had to grind some of the exhaust flange and some of the bellhousing as well. Getting the rest of the exhaust on is going to be an issue. The atlas is set up witht he shifters and is ready to be raised into position. We have to get some flexible cooler lines from the parts store today, as well as some transmission fluid. I am leaving the 1310 yokes that came with the atlas installed for now, since that is the same joint that is used in the stock explorer driveshaft. I will just be removing the flange from te transfer case side of the rear drive shaft to allow the exposed ujoint to mate directly to the atlas 1310 yoke. Luckily I have some 1310 ubolts in my trail repair kit, so we'll at least be able to hook up the rear driveshaft. If we can find a nother set of ubolts we can hook up the front as well. The tranny crossmember will work with a few modifications.

It sure is going to be nice being able to use an actual shifter for my tranny, and not having to crawl under the truck to engage 4wd. :rollin
We're still here in Victoria in case anyone wanted to come and visit ;)

If we don't get it finished by tomorrow, then I'll be driving around in Amanda's blue eggmobile (oldsmobile silhouette) for a while. She went off to school in Jersey, and left her van. I may be using that for a daily driver for a while regardless.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Michael » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:05 am

I don't think I'll drive down today, but give me a call and run by here on your way back up if you get it wrapped up today. If you don't and need a ride back here, I'll be happy to meet you and Kris half way. All you got to do is call.
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:02 pm

Michael, what do you think about meeting me at my house instead, that way I would not have to drive all the way home from your place?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Michael » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:05 pm

I was trying to avoid getting down there by your apartment/traffic with the trailer and stuff. You want me to just call you when I get home and you can meet me at TAG instead?
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:59 am

My bad, I forgot about that. I'll meet you up there.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:46 pm

Randall any news on the Swap.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:28 pm

Not yet, I just dropped it off at TAG on thursday.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

PreviousNext

Return to Demon Projects