[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Plan B, Part I

Plan B, Part I

Project threads for Demon vehicles.

Plan B, Part I

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:01 pm

I am leaning toward building a shorter wheelbase, light weight rig, possibly a 89-92 x-cab ranger but would probably use a 86-88 as well (already have feul injection). Plans are to take off the doors, remove the fenders and make tube fenders; remove the bed, cut off the frame rails behind the cab and fab a tube chassis in the rear, with about a 108 wheelbase. Tool box, spare tire location, and fuel cell in the rear tubes. Run the exhaust up through the rear tubes with a flapper. Move the front axle forward 1.5 - 2" so I can still use a direct link to the steering box. Redneck Ram hydraulic assist (maybe a double ended ram). Full width 60's front and rear, 4.0L, 700r4, atlas II 4.3, 1350 cv drivelines, 39.5x15x16.5 TSL's, Staz works 16.5x10x4bs double beadlocks. Mile Marker E9000 in the rear, Mile Marker H9000 up front. I haven't decided on seats yet, a lock box and a cage, of course. Hopefully with a 108 wheelbase there will be enough room to add a klune 2.7 in the future and not have horrendous driveline angles. Stuff I already have that could go into it include the atlas, 700r4, rear winch, uh, that's it. I can trade in my hardly used 36's for a down payment on the 39's. I need to call 4wp and see what kind of credit there actually is. I may have missed something, but I'm sure one of you's will point it out. ;)
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: Ranger Buggy project

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:24 pm

where is your money tree....
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:34 pm

Shouldn't cost too much, really ;)

Oh yeah, detroit in the front, spool in the rear, 5.13's.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Sexy Evil ST » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:46 pm

So, the Explorer is dead? Why do the SAS if you aren't gonna use it?
It's hard out here for a chimp!
Sexy Evil ST

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:26 pm

Who says I, or someone else, is not going to use it? Besides, I use it every day, it takes me to work :finger

Please try and tell me that you've never put a part on your truck and then decided later to remove/upgrade it. I want to upgrade to 39.5's. This is the next logical progression for me, just like 29's ->31's ->33's ->35's -> 36's. The dana 44 can't handle 39.5's, nor will they fit with the the axle in it's current location. That means I'd have to put in 60's anyway, and I'd have to redo the SAS. Might as well do the SAS on something else and have two, and possibly sell the other. Besides, there are too many damn Explorers on this site anyway :finger
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Sexy Evil ST » Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:05 am

Correct me if I'm wrong...

The 700r4 that was being purchased for the X is now going in the Ranger Buggy, right? So, without the 700r4 being in the X, then the X is probably not going offroad and becomes a pavement queen. :finger

I whole heartily believe in going bigger and you are right, it'd not be worth it with the X.

Ok, I've got a new nickname for Randall... Ranger Dick! :rollin
Sexy Evil ST

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:30 am

Not necassarily. I can throw a c5 into the ex cheap.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:16 pm

Ok this project is dead. I am going to do all of the above to the ex instead. So I may have package deal consisting of axles, sliders, and a rear tire carrier bumper for sale, in the not so near future. The front axle would include a TAG cover, detroit locker, 4.88 gears, radius arms, radius arm brackets, tranny crossmember, coil spring retainers, track bar and steering components, and spare parts including a complete set of milemarker hubs, f250 flat top knuckles drilled and tapped, chevy flat top knuckles drilled and tapped, spare ujoints, ball joints, pinion yoke, high steer arms, and some drive slugs. The rear axle would include a powertrax noslip, 4.88 gears, a TAG cover, sring over brackets, and dutchman alloy 5 on 5.5 shafts. There would also be 4 rancho 9112 shocks, a leaf pack with add a leafs and warrior shackles, 3 15x10 black rockcrawlers witha 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern, 3 AE589 wheels with a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern, and the tires that are attached to them. The rear bumper is a dual swing out tire/gas can variety. The bumper holds a 5 on 5.5 pattern wheel, and two gas/water cans. IT also has shackle mounts on it. I'd probably throw in the tail pipe too, since it has been routed to use the tire carrier bumper. it is a 2-1/4" borla exhaust modified to be routed around the bumper.

Things that might be included as well is an unused redneck ram steering kit, wildhorses 5.5" rockcrawler coils, and drop pitman arm. There is probably more that I am forgetting, which I'll add later.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Sexy Evil ST » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:03 pm

Are you gonna shorten the X?
Sexy Evil ST

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:37 pm

Probably keep the same wheelbase, but cut the body to have 90 degree approach/departure angles. I'll probably move the front axle forward 3-4", same with the rear.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Michael » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:54 pm

Guess I'm gonna have to hurry up and buy some bigger tires. Now I'll have to do Rockwells to one up you :P
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:07 am

I might as well give up... I will never get my Explorer to the point yall are at.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:15 pm

uh, Kris, have you seen my truck lately? I barely moves down the freeway under it's own power. I'm still trying to catch up to you. ;) These are just long range goals of mine, they aren't likely to happen any time soon. I'm a married man on a budget :lol But hey, when I do change all this stuff out, I'll have a perfect setup for you, front and rear matched live axles locked, TAG covered, and with 4.88's; sliders for a 4 dr; and a rear tire carrier bumper with the new bolt pattern on it. You'll be good to go. :D
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:39 pm

Well I am Just about had it with the A4LD in the Green Truck Might as well have holes drilled in it. It leaks so bad and have no idea why. I am Looking for a 91-94 4dr. to part out and hoping to find one with a 5speed to swap to a manual. I love my 5speed in the Navajo and dont really want to do the 700R4. But then again I am still tossing the C4 idea around with 4.10 gears and 37 MTRs
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:39 am

You could do the c4 swap fairly cheap, or a c5 even cheaper. With the c5 you could keep your existing transfer case. A c4 you would need a new tcase. Either way you would need a c5 bellhousing, flexplate and torque converter.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:45 pm

The c-5 is the same as the c-4 with a lockup torque converter.

Any one have more specs on the c-5 that why I can look in to this. Cause I am getting To the Point were I want the Explorer to run better. I can Handle losing OD because I can Gear it higher for hwy driving and Get and Lower geared Atlas for off road.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Re: Explorer Buggy project

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:35 am

Image Image
Last edited by KF5ZXT on Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Michael » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:01 pm

Pics no worky :x
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:10 pm

my bad. :)

Can you see them now?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Michael » Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:13 pm

yep, sure does look like one heavy SOB :P
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:24 pm

so when are you installing that... :D
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Re: Plan B, Part I

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:54 am

Closed, go here:
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member