[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - First Off Road Trip of 2013 (AKA - The Pact)

First Off Road Trip of 2013 (AKA - The Pact)

Club runs both future and past. Not for meetings/gatherings.

First Off Road Trip of 2013 (AKA - The Pact)

Postby TxPlates » Wed May 23, 2012 7:47 pm

I'd like to get this started now, so we can all agree on a place, date for 2013.

I'll have my rig fully functional, club parameter ready by Jan 2013. And since my job is lame, I have to plan my vacation a year in advance starting around the Jan time. So here's what I'd like people to post up:

Date:
Place:
How long:

Like if we wanna make just a weekend and need to take a fri/mon off, or do we want to make a whole week of it?

The Trac will be ready with a new solid axle up front, new rear axle, and a recovery system. So she should be able to tackle most of what we decide to go take on.

Projects to be completed:
4. Kris's vehicle of choice - no thread :hissy
5. Russell's White thing - no thread :hissy
6. McFarlin on 35's - no thread :hissy
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Re: First Off Road Trip - 2013 (AKA - The Pact)

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed May 23, 2012 7:53 pm

2013: The Year of the Demon! :devil :jumpfire
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Wed May 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Well I think 2011 on, is when we truly got our full throttle - 2013 is when we conquer the USA.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Mon May 28, 2012 9:50 am

I can have a rig ready I just need to know what the plan is so I can have money saved.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby TxPlates » Mon May 28, 2012 10:28 am

Well said. I say since it'll be out first trip as a group, and most likely the first time trying out stuff on the rigs, we pick some place that's closer to one of us than further incase the shit hits the fan, since really only Randall has a trailer.

Randall, sites close to us in Texas that would be a good place to do our first run?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

First Off Road Trip - 2013 (AKA - The Pact)

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon May 28, 2012 10:46 am

I was actually thinking the same thing this morning. A good weekend type run to re-wet our feet that won't cost much in vacation time I think is a good candidate for a shake down run, or perhaps near Justin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby nice59fordf100 » Mon May 28, 2012 6:12 pm

I doubt the navajo will be ready by then, but i can take pictures!
1992 Eddie Bauer 4.0 OHV+5R55E 4WD - "Blue Bandit"
1992 Navajo LX 4WD - "Nasty Hoe Bandit"
1993 Limited 4WD - "Stripe Bandit"
1997 Limited 4.0 SOHC 4WD - "Shade Bandit"
1959 Ford F100 - "Sloopy Bandit"
nice59fordf100
"Read a book"
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon May 28, 2012 6:15 pm

Maybe you should go ahead and wire up that 4 liter in there. :)
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Mon May 28, 2012 6:39 pm

You've got plenty of time and explorers that you can "borrow" parts from ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Justin Klare » Tue May 29, 2012 7:52 pm

Yes sir Parker.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:48 pm

So the following projects need to be put on the watch list for the deadline:

4. Kris's vehicle of choice - no thread :hissy
5. Russell's White thing - no thread :hissy
6. McFarlin on 35's - no thread :hissy

Anyone else coming?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Justin Klare » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:09 pm

Was originally gonna push my rear axle back by doing the spring reversal. However i had lunch with a buddy that's building a jk and he has 2 brand new 14" fox 2.0 air shocks be said he'd sell me for $250 the pair. So I think I'm just gonna round up some DOM, heims, brackets and fuel cell or bronco 2 gas tank and just go ahead and 4 link the rear.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Sounds sweet. Now go make a project thread. :lol

You doing this to the 8.8?

How's the doubler install going?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: First Off Road Trip of 2013 (AKA - The Pact)

Postby Justin Klare » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Doubler was complete when you met me at the shop silly. I was driving the explorer lol yes I will be doing the 4-link and air shocks on the 8.8
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby TexasArmadillo » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:25 pm

I need to win the lottery or get a new job so that I can startup build.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:37 am

Build ups don't have to be big money. A lot of guys have wheeled more and harder trails than me with nothing more than a $500 lift kit and 33's.

Justin - you planning on getting the hydro assist going?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Justin Klare » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:33 pm

I'm actually going to get it from the shop and head to a friends shop that does jeep fabrication and let him look at how to fix my floor, steering, tire rack, seat brackets and spreader bar so I can at least run 5-point harness in.
Justin Klare
Fresh out of Flair Klare

Postby TxPlates » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:05 pm

Very true, look at the Trac it was only body lifted and ran 35"s for a long time.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:14 am

So do we have a date yet?
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:16 am

No - looking like February-March for anything major, with a shake-down run a little earlier. Throw some out there Kris. :coolcthulhu
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:40 pm

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:26 pm

January sounds about right for a test run. Then how about Feb 27th-3rd? Wed-Sunday - March is probably off limits since it's spring break - just remembered that so the kids will be out of school and we usually take them somewhere.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:40 am

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby reapereviltwin » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:12 pm

My job is wierd on vacation, it has none. I can take a week off without pay proably. The 35's are present, but I have only paid half so far, they will be mounted around the end of September.

reapereviltwin
Magic Mike
CORE Member
CORE Member
Super Modified

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:06 am

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Next

Return to Off Road Runs Planning & Discussion