[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 400: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Hidden Falls Last weekend in June

Hidden Falls Last weekend in June

Club runs both future and past. Not for meetings/gatherings.

Hidden Falls Last weekend in June

Postby LibTimothy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:11 pm

A group of friends from the Ford Truck Enthusiasts site and I are planning a run at Hidden Falls on the last weekend of June. If any of you all are interested in joining us we would welcome you.

So far the only plan is we picked the date of the the last weekend of June to go have some fun. I'll share more as it develops, if you all are interested....

Timothy
I came, I saw, I got stuck in the mud.
LibTimothy

Re: Hidden Falls Last weekend in June

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:13 pm

Bummer, that's the weekend that I have a bunch of family coming in town. Have fun and share some pics. :)
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:04 pm

I don't know if I'll ever go back to this park. The last two times we've gone something has gone wrong lol.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby LibTimothy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:29 pm

LibTimothy

Postby TxPlates » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:11 pm

I lack original thought with getting back on the horse, that's why I'm having the Trac rebuilt :) I think the only thing I like about hidden falls is the camping. Otherwise, it's been a waste of money. The trails aren't really labeled correctly (THOSE THAT SHOULD BE CLOSED!!!) lol.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby 8am8am » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:47 pm

I already regret leaving.....y you wanna make it worse? One of these days I'll hear the story...one of these days.
8am8am

Postby LibTimothy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:06 pm

Well, I am bored with HF too, but my friends are going so if I go to HF I get to go off roading. Other wise...... I have to wait.

So, lets plan a trip to another park. I'm game.

Timothy
LibTimothy

Postby LibTimothy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:18 pm

OK, You all still have time to join me on this little excursion to HF.

I realize that not everyone is fond of HF, but it is close and available. I WILL be there. I WILL have fun. YOU can join me. WHY am I typing like THIS?

Seriously, the invite is still open to any of you who want to join us this weekend.

Timothy
LibTimothy

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:20 pm

I like it just fine, and would consider going, save for prior commitments.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby LibTimothy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Randall,

I know you will be there in spirit. Just so you all know that the invite is out there.

I have a full hookup RV spot so I am going in style.

Yippi!

Timothy
LibTimothy

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:14 pm

Have fun this weekend, be safe, and share pics. :D
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby LibTimothy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:34 pm

Well, I am charging up the video camera and Dawn is coming along as the video person. She would rather video than ride over the obstacles. So we should get some fun pictures.

Timothy
LibTimothy

Postby TxPlates » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Sweet, just stay off the trails that are closed lol.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby LibTimothy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:09 pm

Well......

Working on Pictures.... But the take away is.... Bronco Buster claims two more victims. The damage was slight, but I am convinced that it is madness to even approach that area of the park. What was I thinking?

Timothy
LibTimothy

Postby TxPlates » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Wow, thought that course was shut down, specially after it killed my Trac lol. What happened?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby LibTimothy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:22 pm

No, Bronco Buster is still open. And it looked like a great shortcut back to the rest of the park. We were going along and a rock sheared off the valve stem on my drivers side front tire. I rode the flat about 50 feet further to a level-ish place to stop and change the tire. We could not get the lug nuts off the flat tire. So, the other guys with me volunteered to run back to camp and grab a breaker bar. They jumped into the jeep and suddenly had no brakes. So, they drove back to camp, grabbed tools, and came back for me.

Three hours and approaching dark later, they return. Since they brought the other Jeep they left it on the connector road and walked in carrying tools. And they get lost. We put the spare on and it was..... FLAT! We used my little air pump to put enough air into it to retreat back out of Bronco Buster.

I think that trail is haunted. Think about it. A valve stem that is recessed in the wheel. A brake line suddenly breaks. Two normal bright guys suddenly get lost and wander around the park for hours on foot. The spare is flat.

Oh and my special Pinz jack broke.

Oh and I got sideways on another trail near Bronco Buster and almost crashed.

You guys should have shown up and helped dilute the curse.

Timothy
LibTimothy

Postby TxPlates » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:54 am

Well glad you made it out! That trail is full nothing but evil lol. It took us awhile to walk back to camp when we got my truck stuck there and it was pitch black, luckily we were not devoured on our way back lol. How'd you end up sideways on a course??
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby LibTimothy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:20 am

The picture doesn't show how steep the trail is off to the left. Near the bottom the trail goes off camber toward the creek. Going down the hill, I started going too fast and at the same time lost my grip on the steering wheel (no power steering for me). I ended up perched on the bolder. Could have been worse.

To get out I just lurched forward and drove up the creek.

I still had fun.

Timothy
LibTimothy

Postby LibTimothy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:09 am

Movies!!

This one is coming down North Peak.

This one is going down Jody's Revenge.

Timothy
LibTimothy

Postby TxPlates » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:36 am

Definitely looks like you had a good time.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby AgPete139 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Tim, looks like a good time. Glad you had fun, and no MAJOR breakage or mechanical casualty resulted from it. Last time I was down there in my green Ranger, I came out relatively unscathed, save for a headlight and grill trim.

Parker's recovery was Hellacious. It probably IS haunted.
AgPete139
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby TxPlates » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:01 pm

Oh I'm sure that place is haunted. Couple weeks after we left guy rolled his truck and passed away, thankfully he had his son strapped in.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby LibTimothy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:01 pm

LibTimothy

Postby TxPlates » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Yes they reported the guy was without a seatbelt. Least he belted his son in. That trail is def removed from anything I'll ever go on. They didn't say what trail he was on.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Return to Off Road Runs Planning & Discussion