Tents

Discuss trail worthy recipes, campground gear, and anything else suited for the nights under the stars.

Tents

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:07 am

Let's post up some tents that we like. We're going to potentially need some for some of the runs that we'd like to go on.

I'll start with the Front Runner Flip Pop Tent. Runs around $130.

NEW PRODUCT! 2 person ground tent. Instant set up: just throw the tent and watch it unfold - then push in the tent stakes. Quickly folds up flat like a pancake. Store away in the heavy duty canvas carry bag with straps to sling over your back or to secure on top of or underneath your roof rack. FEATURES: Rain fly. Ventilation. Reflective guy lines. Aluminum tent stakes. Side pockets.

•The Flip-Pop is a quality 2 person pop-up tent that sets up in seconds. This will revolutionize your campsite set up time!

•The waterproof Fly Sheet (1500mm) and breathable inner tent are all fixed to the fiberglass poles.

•Excellent ventilation with large screened entry, breathable inner tent, 2 windows, and rear vent.

•Super fine insect screens will keep out the all the bugs.

•Comfortably fits 2 people. 92.5" Long x 56.3" Wide.

•2 Mesh side pockets for wallets, keys, flashlights, phones, tooth brushes, etc.

•2 overhead loops for flashlights or hanging lightweight garments.

•Heavy duty canvas carrying case with built in straps can be used as a back pack, or to store away for travel secured to your roof rack.

• Folding instructions conveniently fixed to carry bag.

•The sturdy 190D Oxford 3000mm floor will keep you dry.

•This tent is made of flame resistant fabric and meets the flammability requirements of CPAI-84.

•The tent, carry bag and stakes weigh only 7.5 lbs

•For folding information, see the folding instructions in DOWNLOADS.

KF5ZXT
Blue Ribbon Coalition Lifetime Member

Sexy Evil ST wrote:Ok, I've got a new nickname for Randall... Ranger Dick!

Good, fast, cheap: pick any 2
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: Tents

Postby TexasArmadillo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:44 pm

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Truck-Tents/Sportz-Minivan-SUV-Tent

I always thought these were interesting. I just cannot justify the price.

Juggling more fur balls than a constipated cat.
Attachments
image-38236330.jpg
image-38236330.jpg (80.38 KiB) Viewed 1827 times
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:43 pm

That does look like an interesting concept, just not so sure on it's practicality. For example, I wouldn't want to attach it to my trail rig, for one it's height would be prohibitive, but also because I'd feel like it anchors down the vehicle and makes you not want to use it. I could see it being handy if your tow rig was an SUV, so you could leave it at camp, but still have the trail righ accessible for use.

Looks fine for regular camping, of course.
KF5ZXT
Blue Ribbon Coalition Lifetime Member

Sexy Evil ST wrote:Ok, I've got a new nickname for Randall... Ranger Dick!

Good, fast, cheap: pick any 2
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:22 pm

Triple E wrote:Let's post up some tents that we like. We're going to potentially need some for some of the runs that we'd like to go on.

I'll start with the Front Runner Flip Pop Tent. Runs around $130.

I love the ease if that one but not so much the price.
NEW PRODUCT! 2 person ground tent. Instant set up: just throw the tent and watch it unfold - then push in the tent stakes. Quickly folds up flat like a pancake. Store away in the heavy duty canvas carry bag with straps to sling over your back or to secure on top of or underneath your roof rack. FEATURES: Rain fly. Ventilation. Reflective guy lines. Aluminum tent stakes. Side pockets.

•The Flip-Pop is a quality 2 person pop-up tent that sets up in seconds. This will revolutionize your campsite set up time!

•The waterproof Fly Sheet (1500mm) and breathable inner tent are all fixed to the fiberglass poles.

•Excellent ventilation with large screened entry, breathable inner tent, 2 windows, and rear vent.

•Super fine insect screens will keep out the all the bugs.

•Comfortably fits 2 people. 92.5" Long x 56.3" Wide.

•2 Mesh side pockets for wallets, keys, flashlights, phones, tooth brushes, etc.

•2 overhead loops for flashlights or hanging lightweight garments.

•Heavy duty canvas carrying case with built in straps can be used as a back pack, or to store away for travel secured to your roof rack.

• Folding instructions conveniently fixed to carry bag.

•The sturdy 190D Oxford 3000mm floor will keep you dry.

•This tent is made of flame resistant fabric and meets the flammability requirements of CPAI-84.

•The tent, carry bag and stakes weigh only 7.5 lbs

•For folding information, see the folding instructions in DOWNLOADS.

Sexy Evil ST wrote:Shouldn't you actually offroad a truck to belong to those organizations? :finger :finger :finger
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Return to At the Campground