Del Albright Blog

Information on land access, and the groups that support keeping our trails open.

Del Albright Blog

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:46 pm

http://delalbright.blogspot.com/

Thursday, October 25, 2012WORRIED ABOUT THE RUBICON TRAIL
IS GOVERNMENT LISTENING TO THE USERS?

I left my leadership position in Friends of the Rubicon (FOTR) and the Rubicon Trail Foundation (RTF) a few years back, thinking that we had laid a positive foundation to continue these incredible efforts to keep the Rubicon Trail open to all of us...all year; for all types of rigs; with challenges for us all.

NOT THE CASE!!!

I am sorely disappointed in the way the trail has changed in the last few years, and I am not afraid to step up and say that government is NOT listening to the users. Not in this case. Something is wrong and we need to bring some slap down on the deaf ones who "govern" our use of public lands in the case of the Rubicon Trail.

From the blowing of the Gatekeeper, conducted like an ambush in war, unbeknownst to users and unspoken in public forums beforehand; to the resizing and near paving of Little Sluice in spite of comprehensive surveys and public input against such maneuvers behind the scenes; to the changing and possible closure of Soup (Bowl, Kitchen). It is NOT what the users have asked for and have said in public forum. Government is NOT listening.

And do we have some of our own supporting these insidious, sneaky, behind the scenes moves? I'm not sure; but I am sure that the folks I talk to, do NOT support these radical changes to the Rubicon Trail.

Oh, let's ask ourselves who has invested tens of thousand of hours in hard work, sweat, blood and back-breaking work in making this trail a trail for all? Friends of the Rubicon (FOTR), that is who. Since the first work party in the summer of 2001, and hundreds of work parties since then, every summer....FOTR has earned the key to this trail. Why does Government think they know best on this one?

FOTR earned tens of thousands of dollars in grant money for government agencies to help us manage the trail, maintain the trail, and mitigate the issues with erosion and use. So why would not government LISTEN to the users in how the trail should look in the future? YOU GOT ME.

Here's my suggestion for you if this does not wrap your winch the right way: 1) make sure your membership is current in fighting outfits like BlueRibbon Coalition and Cal4wheel; 2) make sure you're participating in Google groups for FOTR with your voice being heard; and 3) donate to those groups fighting for access THE RIGHT WAY, for you.

More on BRC here at http://www.sharetrails.org
More on Cal4 here at http://www.cal4wheel.com
More on Del at http://www.delalbright.com

Whatever you do; do NOT let your voice go unheard. Back it with donations and memberships. Be in the game. It is OUR public lands we are talking about.
Del
KF5ZXT
Blue Ribbon Coalition Lifetime Member

Sexy Evil ST wrote:Ok, I've got a new nickname for Randall... Ranger Dick!

Good, fast, cheap: pick any 2
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: Del Albright Blog

Postby TexasArmadillo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:53 am

We the people...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Re: Del Albright Blog

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:09 am

This landuse leadership email comes to you from Del Albright, RLTC-VLLS

Good leaders step up when the going gets tough. And I think the next few years might bring some more challenges for us all – whether at your club level, state association, or just your area where you “play.” Boy, the folks who don’t like motorized recreation seem to be coming out of the woodwork. But we have a plan….and that plan is YOU. It’s time, more than ever, to up your game in the outdoor recreation area you love.

Call this my “cheer-leading” email if you want, but I’m not about to slow down, give up, or get lost. I’m bringing it on big time, as much time as I can afford. I ask you to join me.

Here are a few issues that prompted me to write you:

The east coast and New Jersey have been stomped by storms. Who knows what all this will bring, besides the terrible losses of life and property.

Utah is under a massive attack for more land closures (Monuments proposed by outdoor businesses): (Outdoor Industry Assoc. Asks for More Utah Closures).

Oregon Dunes are having a big rally to save their riding areas (https://www.sharetrails.org/alerts/2...-nra--reminder).

Soooo, what do we do?
First, please get your hands on a copy of our new volunteerism book (if you can’t afford the shipping, I’ll send it to you anyway): Order Landuse and Volunteerism Book

Second, renew your memberships in (or make a donation to) those groups you believe in; but more importantly, DO SOMETHING to help one of your favorite groups. Stacie and I just hauled the Cal4 raffle trailer around to a couple events to promote the fund-raiser for CA4WDC.

Third, break out the [url=http://www.rltc.biz
]RLTC course[/url], or start it again, or finish it, whatever stage you are in. Share some of it with a friend. MOTIVATE someone to get involved in our sports.

That’s all for now….on the team, and Happy Holidays to all, Del

Del Albright

Ambassador, BlueRibbon Coalition - Home | BlueRibbon Coalition

Founding Trail Boss, Friends of the Rubicon - Friends of the Rubicon

Environmental Affairs, CA4WDC - Home - California Association of 4WD Clubs, Inc.

Find us on Facebook here

Contact Del at del@delalbright.com

Website: Land Use, Access and Rubicon Trail Home Page by Del Albright including Volunteer Training and Outdoor Photography
KF5ZXT
Blue Ribbon Coalition Lifetime Member

Sexy Evil ST wrote:Ok, I've got a new nickname for Randall... Ranger Dick!

Good, fast, cheap: pick any 2
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Return to Land Use