13 States potentially impacted.

Information on land access, and the groups that support keeping our trails open.

13 States potentially impacted.

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Land Use Bulletin

Greater Sage-Grouse Planning Efforts : How will it impact your recreational access to public lands?

The Forest Service (FS) is preparing an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) to amend the Toiyabe National Forest Land and Resource Management Plan and the Carson City and Battle Mountain Resource Management Plans.

These forests include 13 states. Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, Nevada, North Dakota, and South Dakota are at risk. Restrictions in these states will have monumental consequences for us all.

The Forest Service is in the scoping phase to determine relevant issues relating to the conservation of the Bi-State Distinct Population Segment (BSD PS) and its habitat. There is a concern that the greater sage grouse is at risk of losing its habitat. There are groups trying to get the greater sage grouse put on the endangered species list as a way to keep people off public lands. This issue could significantly impact OHV usage. The trails you use today may not be available tomorrow unless you act now.

We need you to become aware of this issue. We need to be proactive. There are links in this email for your information. Please read this and share it widely.

At the end of this email is the contact information for you to leave comments, they must be received by January 30, 2013.

Links for more information:

The following link is the actual scoping notice from USDA Forest Service.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/projects/htnf/la ... t/projects

ARRA (Americans for Responsible Recreation Access). This is a great site with background information, the schedule of dates, and links for further information.

http://www.arra-access.com/site/PageSer ... age_grouse

The Federal Register (bottom of page 1 thorough page 3)

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2012-11 ... -28936.pdf

The following two links are articles from land use sites:

http://www.sharetrails.org/public-lands ... e-planning

(at the bottom of the page is a great map showing the habitat of the greater sage grouse)

http://www.muirnet.net/wildlife/scoping ... se-habitat

Comments concerning the scope of the analysis must be received by January 30, 2013. To comment or for more information contact:

James Winfrey
Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest

1200 Franklin Way

Sparks, NV 89523

(775) 355-5300

jwinfrey@fs.fed.us

It is important to provide comments for the agency's preparation of the environmental impact statement. Comments should be provided by the deadline (1/30/13) and should articulate the reviewer's concerns. Comments received in response to this solicitation, including names and addresses of those who comment, will be part of the public record for this proposed action. Comments submitted anonymously will be accepted and considered; however, anonymous comments will not provide the FS with the ability to provide the respondent with subsequent environmental documents.

Keep our trails open. Act now.

Join pro-access groups like the United Four Wheel Drive Associations (www.ufwda.org) to help us continue the fight to protect access for you and your family. Call us toll-free to learn more at 800-44-UFWDA (800) 448-3932. Great holiday gift idea. There is still time to give the gift of a membership in UFWDA. Please join or donate today. Thank you.
KF5ZXT
Blue Ribbon Coalition Lifetime Member

Sexy Evil ST wrote:Ok, I've got a new nickname for Randall... Ranger Dick!

Good, fast, cheap: pick any 2
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: 13 States potentially impacted.

Postby TxPlates » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Good lord. I don't understand how these people don't see there are groups willing to abide by certain rules so everyone is happy. It seems it's always all or nothing.
Sexy Evil ST wrote:Shouldn't you actually offroad a truck to belong to those organizations? :finger :finger :finger
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Pretty much.
KF5ZXT

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:16 pm

I blame the Obama supporters.
Sexy Evil ST wrote:Shouldn't you actually offroad a truck to belong to those organizations? :finger :finger :finger
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TexasArmadillo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:54 pm

It's bigger than that. This is Agenda 21. Basically, it is a mission to make humans servants to nature. There is no private land, you have no rights, and there is a central authority that dictates what u do.

So, when a group comes forward to restrict access to public land due to nature. It is to push forward a goal of undisturbed wilderness area.

Funny isn't it. They say they are preserving nature for future generations. However, they restrict it so that those generations can not see it.

http://www.un.org/esa/agenda21/natlinfo ... /natur.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby TxPlates » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:05 am

Yep, no co-existing.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Sounds like Mike needs to be contributing to these groups that we support through our membership. :D
KF5ZXT

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TexasArmadillo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:16 pm

I know right. Actually, I'm waiting for that first paycheck and then ill sign up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby TxPlates » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Nice, fuel to the fire:)

Sent from my iPhone 5 bitch using Tapatalk
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Return to Land Use