Update from BRC's Executive Director

Information on land access, and the groups that support keeping our trails open.

Update from BRC's Executive Director

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:29 pm

Dear Randall,

First, I should remind you that it is Valentine's Day, just in case you weren't paying attention. I made that mistake only once in my life... whoops!

But, back on track, there is more to this email than just that.

As most of you know, I took a four-month long, 18,000-mile ride around the country late last year specifically to meet with as many of our members as I could. We called it the Turn the Tide Tour. We wanted feedback and not from a survey. We wanted it directly from our people. There is no substitute for good old personal communication.

Everywhere I went, I asked two basic questions: What are your concerns with management of our public lands and waters? What adjustments or changes do you think that BRC needs to make to improve our organization into the future? Then, to be certain we heard from as many members as possible, we followed up with a mailing to all of our members asking the same two questions.

The response has been tremendous... I guess you could say we wanted feedback, and we got it. We have read every comment. More important, we're taking action. The theme for BRC's efforts this year is "We've Got Marching Orders." They came from you.

I'm pretty jazzed up about this, but I can't possibly tell you all about it in this email. Plus, some of what we are doing will be evolving so; there are three things you need to know.

First, I kept a blog of the trip around the country at http://www.WeAreBRC.org and linked a lot of the highlights to a Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WeAreBRC. I've asked our tech guys to keep the blog and facebook page alive so I can tell you about the follow-through and what we are doing so you can engage with me directly on both.

Second, we just did another mailing that should be hitting your mailbox in a few days that outlines the six top suggestions for BRC organizational focus, gives a brief outline on BRC national advocacy concerns for 2013 and asks you to help fund our efforts.

And last but not least, the third thing is that you can keep up-to-date on issues and find a ton of helpful information at our robust website at http://www.sharetrails.org.

This is your organization and the best of BRC is yet to come! Together, we can Turn the Tide.

Sincerely,

Greg Mumm
Executive Director
BlueRibbon Coalition
KF5ZXT
Blue Ribbon Coalition Lifetime Member

Sexy Evil ST wrote:Ok, I've got a new nickname for Randall... Ranger Dick!

Good, fast, cheap: pick any 2
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: Update from BRC's Executive Director

Postby TxPlates » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:40 pm

Nice, although I'm getting the sense it was a mass e-mail... lol
Sexy Evil ST wrote:Shouldn't you actually offroad a truck to belong to those organizations? :finger :finger :finger
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Lol. I knew I should have edited out that line...
KF5ZXT
Blue Ribbon Coalition Lifetime Member

Sexy Evil ST wrote:Ok, I've got a new nickname for Randall... Ranger Dick!

Good, fast, cheap: pick any 2
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Haha!

Sent from my iPhone 5 bitch using Tapatalk
Sexy Evil ST wrote:Shouldn't you actually offroad a truck to belong to those organizations? :finger :finger :finger
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Return to Land Use