[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Spoetzl Brewery - Shiner, TX

Spoetzl Brewery - Shiner, TX

All about beer, breweries, and other libations.

Spoetzl Brewery - Shiner, TX

Postby TexasArmadillo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:25 pm

Though a bigger producer they still embody the ideas of a microbrewery.

Now, they hold a special place in my heart because this is the area where my family comes from. In fact when the GIs came home from WW2 it was expected that the family would go down to the brewery and pick up a keg.

Here are a few of the brews I've had. There are some that I don't remember the specifics.

Hefweizen is a neat beer. They actually leave yeast in the bottle to continue fermentation process. To properly pour this you pour half on a glass the swirl the remaining and the pour it into the glass.

Ruby Red Bird is created by adding South Texas grapefruit to the mixture during final curing. I love this beer after mowing the grass. It goes down easy.

Octoberfest is a good autumn beer. It is not to hoppy and is a good warmer.

Fm 966 is a new one. I had one the other night and it was hoppy. I'm not sure if ill buy it again.

Wild Hare is a good blond from them. It has more taste than a light but is less that an ale or heferweizen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Attachments
image-597284261.jpg
image-597284261.jpg (111.9 KiB) Viewed 1100 times
image-941973005.jpg
image-941973005.jpg (99.22 KiB) Viewed 1100 times
image-1432497129.jpg
image-1432497129.jpg (117.61 KiB) Viewed 1100 times
image-1283215429.jpg
image-1283215429.jpg (64.14 KiB) Viewed 1100 times
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Re: Shiner

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:42 pm

I've noticed the Farm House 966, and was curious about it, but hadn't picked any up. The farmhouse label itself usually means that every ingredient was acquired very locally, often on that brewers' own land.

The Hefeweizen is pretty good, but you're right - gotta remember to pour this one properly.

Shiner Black Label is only so-so to me as far as their dark beers go. I seem to remember liking the Kosmos a fair amount.
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Return to Brews & Breweries