[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Cheap Lift for my Sport, and 4x4 conversion?

Cheap Lift for my Sport, and 4x4 conversion?

General Discussion, generally referring to vehicles or wheeling.

Cheap Lift for my Sport, and 4x4 conversion?

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri May 17, 2013 7:56 pm

To each their own. I think a manual shifter looks better than an electric button. Form follows function, after all.

Also, I've got fairly thick legs, and I've never noticed the shifters as being in the way, and I've got two, as opposed to the normal one.

Also, if your truck was never four wheel drive, a conversion using a manual shift transfer case has the added bonus of not needing a bunch of wiring and switch plates.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: Cheap Lift for my Sport, and 4x4 conversion?

Postby TxPlates » Fri May 17, 2013 8:50 pm

The last part, yes I lack original thought with. Luckily I have the pretty shift on the fly bezel lol.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby TexasArmadillo » Fri May 17, 2013 9:59 pm

Truth be told I always like the look of a floor shift. However I will keep my electrical setup. I just need to figure out how to lift it.

Juggling more fur balls than a constipated cat.
TexasArmadillo
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Fri May 17, 2013 10:25 pm

So as tires go I have always been a fan of the Bfg all terrains I tend to get 60k out of a set. Also the tt and shackles can be done before the 4x4 conversion. Your 3.73 will be a good gear for 31s bigger then that you should go 4.10

Also the front axle is simple it's as just a simple bolt in place and change the knuckles rotors and bearings. The rest is easy to by changing the transmission with a 4x4 one and adding the correct t case and front and rear driveshafts
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Sat May 18, 2013 10:12 am

here you go guys for the transmission and Transfercase this explorer could be picked up in the $400-$500 price range plus the cost of a broker.

You would get your drive shafts, transmission, and transfercase.

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDe ... ecent=True

And its at the Houston location
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby mr. everyman » Sat May 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Thick, Solid, Tight
About as close to unreality, as never being, ever was.
mr. everyman
Cowboy Crust Buster & Rule Bender

Postby mr. everyman » Sat May 18, 2013 2:32 pm

How do I proceed?
mr. everyman

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat May 18, 2013 2:40 pm

Wait, that link took me to a 1993 explorer.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Sat May 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Kris can point you in the direction of someone to actually buy it for you. You would just tell them what the max amount you're willing to spend, then they get a set price from you to do it and they'll bid for you.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Sun May 19, 2013 7:50 am

Ok so the one I have used is

You give them a deposit on a CC of $1000.00 released after vehicle is paid for.

they bid on the vehicle to your max amount. example $500.00

Once you pay for the vehicle and pick it up there will be a few fees you need to figure for like the internet fee and pull out fees, ect. so if you bid $500 you might
pay $590.28 the broker will tell you how much to bring on the cashiers check.

You have three business days to pick up the vehicle with out storage fees added on.

Once all this is done the broker refunds the $1000.00 deposit and you pay them $150.00

simple as that.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby mr. everyman » Sun May 19, 2013 2:21 pm

mr. everyman

Postby mr. everyman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:15 am

mr. everyman

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:45 pm

You'll want to get the driveshafts from a 4x4 manual sport if possible, as the lengths of the driveshafts will be different because the transfer case pushes the rear mounting location further toward the rear of the truck. You can also just have your current shaft shorted cheaply enough. Ranger driveshaft from the front should be the same length that you would need. I think the explorer rear axle is 31 spline vs the ranger's 28 spline at least it was that way on earlier models), so the explorer axle is stronger. You might look for a rear axle from an explorer with the 3.10 gears (I think all 5.0's had the 4.10's, maybe).
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby mr. everyman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:03 pm

mr. everyman

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:27 pm

yes, yes I did. lol
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby mr. everyman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:31 pm

mr. everyman

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:34 pm

So to answer some of the questions...

Yes a ranger with a SOHC and manual trans will work fine for your swap. The rear axle would not swap over from the ranger to your explorer nor would the rear drive shaft. Not to worry. The Explorer 4x4 came available in 4.10 Axle code D2 and 42 (D2 4.10 limited slip) and (42 4.10 open). These are only found in 99-03 with the v-6 SOHC. Sorry Randall v-8 was 3.73 only.

The rear drive shaft is stupid simple to find as well any 91-04 sport with 4x4 rear shaft will work.

The electronics of the 03 ranger will work in your sport, since the Ranger and sport both have a stand alone 4x4 shift module.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
99 Mountaineer
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby mr. everyman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:24 pm

mr. everyman

Previous

Return to On-Topic