[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - The resurrection of modern 4x4's - Pirate

The resurrection of modern 4x4's - Pirate

General Discussion, generally referring to vehicles or wheeling.

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:58 pm

KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Interesting read, and quite the undertaking from whomever that is. I applaud them and wish nothing but the best, but in the world we live in today....As far as options I'd want, beats me. I know that sounds lame, but to be honest I'm more of a taking what I have and trying to make it more fun to me (hence the Trac). I'd have to see their design to see what they're talking about for an inexpensive design of a rig that can be built up to make a decision on what would be best for it, wouldn't most?

Like I said the idea is great, I love their enthusiasm and I wish them the best in their adventure. I definitely want to be kept up on this to see what they do, accomplish. How great would that be for the little man to come up in this world of huge manufacturers making the same thing over and over, and impress them that theirs is put on an assembly line.

As far as things I want in a 4x4, for it to simply work.
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Re: The resurrection of modern 4x4's - Pirate

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:31 pm

My specific input is that it have the following:

a separate (fully boxed) frame and body
as few different fasteners as possible
as little electronic gizmos as possible
manual hubs
manual transfer case
live axles
frame mounted tow points front and rear

some 'luxury' items I'd like to see:

integrated in dash CB
upfitter switches (like the newer Super Duties

Some other suggestions that I've seen, that I'm definitely on board with:
4.0 gear driven t-case
250+ HP v6
turbo diesel
full float rear axle
third member axles
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Gmanpaint » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Full boxed frame with adjustable coil buckets and shock towers on all four corners.

Front & rear axle placement extended as far as possible to each end so tires will hit first.

Strong 3 speed T-case with up to 10:1 ratio.

Built in cutting brake option, to add if wanted.

Water tight protected wire harness tube from front to back under body.

Built in wire grommets with water tight plugs in roof front, middle, & rear, for add on's with easy access interior panels on both side A,B,C & D pillars.

Adjustable Cross members for Trans, Doubler T-case, and rear frame for on board air tanks and compressor, with an air hose recoiler all tucked up nicely under body.

Heavy gauge wire ran with universal connectors to interior panel, & to rear for winch, compressor, power inverter or built in inverter with 110 plug outlets front & rear.

Frames with threaded bolt holes for rock sliders like Toyota has on newer rigs.

Hidden DOM Tube roll cage in pillars, and open end connectors (plugged until needed) to add on more tube inside as an option.

Powered connectors in the cowl on both sides for removable manual controlled spotlights.

Seats that will raise higher in the back end for better viewing on angled assents and descents. Compartments in the backs of the seats for storage of valuables, emergency gear items, and locks water tight. Hidden built in DOM tube roll bar protection in seats as well.

Axle tubes with all the tabs for a 3-4 link set up front & rear.

Built it extended brake lines, made were you can adjust the length by removing a small section at a time from frame rail for distance.

Built in locking access doors on the floor for ease of wrenching or replacements of items such as the fuel pump or trans modulator, etc...

Roof rack with strategic mounts for removable doors, coolers, and recovery gear. Throw in a few clasp/eyelets for rope / cable attachment. Have them push into the tube like a pocket knife folds so you can use when needed only.

The normal things already mentioned like lots of skid protection, and HD trailing arms, etc...

OH....Fully water proof submersible LED lighting front & rear, with a optional upper plug in for colored lights, amber, blue, etc... Heck, might as well throw in a switch panel with 12 rocker switches pre wired than. LOL!

I have more ideas, I better stop here though! :D
Gmanpaint

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:23 pm

Wow, sounds like you're ready for the luxury model. Haha. A lot of that sounds like fun, but would easily blow the intended low price point right out of the water.

I think something more simple, particularly electrically. I'd run as simple a harness as you can, with an extra junction block that is 'empty' so you can easily tap in and add whatever you want.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:23 am

I get the impression that this is not a fledgeling operation, and is more or less just not Jeep. I'm half expecting it to be a foreign car company that currently produces vehicles, has a 4 cylinder, v-6 and diesel in it's lineup, but no V8's. (That last bit is what ruled out American car companies to me). I think we're looking at something like a slightly larger Suzuki Samurai here, which would be cool. I'm kind of guessing Toyota, based on the availability of the third member axles.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:22 pm

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog