Factor 55

General Discussion, generally referring to vehicles or wheeling.

Factor 55

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:59 pm

This is a winch accessory company in Idaho. They just came out with a FlatLink, an upgrade in my opinion, to the ProLink which was also pretty neat.

Factor 55 FlatLink

ImageImageImageImage

Eliminate the conventional winch hook and replace it with a safer and stronger FlatLink shackle thimble and D-ring. The FlatLink shackle mount is the Industry’s first folding shackle mount for recovery winches. With less than 1.75 inches of thickness, the Flatlink will work with all roller fairlead license plate mounting brackets.

Conventional winch hooks can cut and fray recovery straps and often allow strap ends to escape during momentary slack cycles of a typical winching recovery. Screw pin shackles do not allow strap loops to escape due to the secure screw pin attachment. The FlatLink does not require splicing and is compatible with steel cables or synthetic ropes up to 3/8 inches in diameter. The cable eye is retained in the FlatLink by a 5/8 inch diameter grade 5 steel double shear pin and internal snap ring. It is installed easily in minutes. The EPDM Rubber Guards protect alloy fairleads and are securely attached to the FlatLink with 4 barbed tips. The FlatLink stows neatly against either roller or Hawse type fairleads and is designed to be used with common 3/4 inch shackles. MADE IN THE USA, the FlatLink is constructed of 6000 series billet aluminum and is anodized/powder coated in 5 different colors.

MADE IN USA
KF5ZXT
Blue Ribbon Coalition Lifetime Member

Sexy Evil ST wrote:Ok, I've got a new nickname for Randall... Ranger Dick!

Good, fast, cheap: pick any 2
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: Factor 55

Postby MrQ » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Main problem with that is that unless the other party has a d-ring and a strap this thing would be pretty much useless. Granted it is a safer way to winch, but not necessarily all purpose like the hook.
-Dan

1998 Ford Explorer 4WD "Red Flyer II"
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD "Tanner"
MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:19 pm

Well, I always have at least one d-ring and a strap, so that issue would be somewhat mitigated by self-preparation.
KF5ZXT
Blue Ribbon Coalition Lifetime Member

Sexy Evil ST wrote:Ok, I've got a new nickname for Randall... Ranger Dick!

Good, fast, cheap: pick any 2
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby TxPlates » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:07 pm

I've got a couple d-rings and of course my tow strap, just need the winch now. Then I'll probably invest in this.
Sexy Evil ST wrote:Shouldn't you actually offroad a truck to belong to those organizations? :finger :finger :finger
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Return to On-Topic