[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Build your own OHV area?

Build your own OHV area?

General Discussion, generally referring to vehicles or wheeling.

Build your own OHV area?

Postby KF5ZXT » Sat Nov 24, 2001 1:50 pm

I know a guy that has a little bit of money that said he was interested in buying some land and putting in a little restaurant and camping grounds, as well as an area for OHV's. I told him that I would pass along some info on other groups that have done similar things, such as . If you can think of anything else that might interest you for the planning stages, post it here and I will relay the information to him. I will probably try to get him in contact with to see about getting the groundwork set up, and maybe he'll want to do something with them.

I think that having the restaurant off of a major highway would be good for its business, as well as providing a great marker for where the trails are going to be. This would of course be a business venture, so try to keep that in mind when making suggestions. How many acres would you say that the Slabs encompasses? Shiloh Ridge covers 1300 acres, but that might be a bit much to ask.
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: Build your own OHV area?

Postby Michael » Tue Nov 27, 2001 12:49 am

Let me give this a little thought with my business mind. I'll get back to you on it.
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Postby Michael » Sun Dec 02, 2001 11:59 pm

What I would suggest is for him to see if he can get ahold of the business plan that the owners of Shilo used to set it up. I doubt it is on file anywhere, so they would be the only source for that. Secondly he needs to find a lawyer to talk to about what his liabilities would be with letting people 4wheel on his land, ie. how much and what type of insurance should he get. Lastly, he should set up a corporation to buy/own the property. This limits/eliminates his personnal respnsibility for liabilities. Most likely all he would ever lose is whatever money he put up. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Dec 03, 2001 10:55 am

Someone on the Tx4x4 mailing list mentioned speaking to a Sean Pagan at
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog