[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Special Vehicle Operations.com

Special Vehicle Operations.com

General Discussion, generally referring to vehicles or wheeling.

Special Vehicle Operations.com

Postby SVO » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:13 pm

To confirm what some of you have been hearing, I am here to let you know it's true.

Yes, I recieved an offer from another company almost two weeks ago, for almost double (85%) what I was making previously, and only having to manage one job and not four.

They have also given me the opportunity of a retirement program, which I despirately needed.

What does this mean for www.specialvehicleoperations.com ?

Although this will put things in a 2 month so-to-speak sleep mode for new projects, the ones that are here will still be on the forefront of thier repairs,custom work, and modifications.

This will also make it possible for me not only to buy new/used fabrication equipment, but also to allow me to get another/better garage cam and be able to realistically look at getting a building in 2007, that will allow for more dedicated work for everyone.

Yes I did have to move 85% of my tools to the new job, this doesn't mean I don't have tools here at my personal shop, since I will be doing general automotive work, at work, the specialty tools stay here, and what I decide I still don't need I will bring back, I do however almost have a complete set of hand tools and some air tools that will be here, a couple of new boxes for storage will of course be needed, so Craig's List here I come, when applicable.

This also means other than a few customers that I have taken under my wing for general service, I will not be preforming this service for newer customers, I will strictly be doing custom mods, restoation and fabrication, what I really wanted to do in the first place.

Another bouns factor for everyone is that the new shop I work for has equipment for doing custom exhaust, tire mounting, balancing, and a brand new alinement rack.

Of course I can't give discounts on thier service's, but this does make it more convienet for me to be able to offer you these services through them, which allows you to feel good about getting these things done, and done right.

The new job is in south Austin, called Pitstop Auto Repair:

www.austinpitstop.com

Please don't let this deter you from letting me do your projects as I still welcome them by all means, this just means a break in work for 2 months while I get my groove on and get my finances back on track, to be able to offer even better work for you all in the up and coming years.
This only helps set the right foundation for Special Vehicle Operations.com to become what it really has long been drempt it should be.

This will also be a fantastic time for EEE and I to really be able to put together a kickass web page and be able to come out looking really professional, not like the theme hasn't already.

Again thanx to all of you and your gracious support for everything, and I look forward to being able to better support you in whatever your needs are.
Please feel free to ask me questions and submitting your ideas on how I can better serve you in the future to come.

Jeff SVO Harris

Last edited by SVO on Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
SVOC Federation of Techno-ology

Official copious user of the :finger
SVO

Postby Sexy Evil ST » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:23 pm

:finger :finger

Seriously, congratulations on the new job. I remember the days of making big money. I know you will put it to good use.

Let me know if you hear of any computer jobs up in that area. :P
It's hard out here for a chimp!
Sexy Evil ST

Postby FROADER » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:30 pm

Congratulations Jeff! That's awesome. I'm glad I got down there in time before the switch. :face
Colin
:froader
FROADER

Postby section525 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:05 pm

My babys all grow'd up. :cry

Congrats brutha. Now get another Nextel! :P
section525

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:40 pm

Im so proud and happy.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby XanaDorn » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:18 pm

Wahooo! :banana :cheer Congrats Mr. SVO !!
No, you can't borrow my car!
XanaDorn

Postby Stang Girl » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:15 pm

I just want to say that I am very proud of you...in everything. You have worked very hard, made some compromises to make sure that you were taking care of your family, and now things are starting to pay off for you.

And just a reminder, many people know that you are the best at what you do and trust your judgement and your work. If they didn't, they wouldn't leave their trucks here with you to work on when you get the chance (or drive over spare Lincoln's with :P ) Austin Pit Stop is lucky to have you! :wink

And on a side note, I just wanted to thank Demon for everything that ya'll have done for us. It means the world to us that you have given us the support that we have needed when other people didn't. You have given web space, all the stuff related to the website, tools, money for tools, ideas for trucks, parts for trucks, bodies for trucks, been there to bounce ideas off of and for honest opinions, and the faith that there are people out there who truly care about each other, and the idea that others believe in Special Vehicle Operations as much as we do. Kris and I had a long IM discussion one night about this. You never really see other clubs who look out for each other, help each other, and never screw each other. You are truly our family and we appreciate everything you have done for us.

I just realized that wasn't really very demonic, but oh well, you get the picture. :finger
Lori - 2004 Mustang GT aka Reaper
When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke
Stang Girl

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:00 pm

KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby XanaDorn » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:09 pm

No, you can't borrow my car!
XanaDorn

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:21 pm