[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - 91 Explorer 700r4 swap

91 Explorer 700r4 swap

Project threads for Demon vehicles.

91 Explorer 700r4 swap

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:05 pm

I am going to see if I can't put myself in line for a 700r4 swap when the adapter comes out.

Here's the plan:
Atlas II 4.3 H series (32 spline outputs, 27 spline input, 1350 cv flanges with rear e-brake, twin sticked) through High Angle Driveline(HAD)
Stage III Bow Tie Overdrives 700r4 (unless I can find a cheaper, good alternative)
front adapter for 4.0/700r4 through HAD
700r4/atlas adapter through HAD
Front and rear 1350 cv high angle driveshafts
1350 yoke for the dana 44
1350 flange for the 8.8, through Mark Williams enterprises
Lokar floor shifter

In the future of course, I plan to add a Klune 2.7 underdrive unit.
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: 700r4 swap

Postby SVO » Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:30 pm

Have you checked with Kennedy Engineering? They make all sorts of adapters for stuff.
SVOC Federation of Techno-ology

Official copious user of the :finger
SVO

Postby SVO » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:14 am

SVO

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:09 pm

They don't seem to have anything for Ford motors.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby SVO » Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:34 pm

You might have to call them.

SVO

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:54 pm

OK, I ordered the 700r4 today from [url]Bowtieoverdrives.com[/url]. I'll order a tcase in a couple of weeks. :pimp

Level Two 700r4 v6 case
custom tv cable
1600 stall Converter
Zero to 300 PSI gauge
flexible dipstick
TC lockup Control Kit, Relay Style
Lokar Shifter and boot
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Sexy Evil ST » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:18 pm

Woo Hoo! Congrats Randall! :pimp
It's hard out here for a chimp!
Sexy Evil ST

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:17 pm

Shifter is here
Last edited by KF5ZXT on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Sexy Evil ST » Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:11 pm

Randall's on the Twelve Step Program. :D

Look's good Randall. Too bad it won't work on the Ford Tranny.
Sexy Evil ST

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:34 pm

Crap, Advance Adapters is still 6 weeks out on the adapter.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Michael » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:32 pm

That sucks man. You want your c5 bellhousing back and just do that instead since you have bigger plans ahead.
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:01 pm

Thanks, but I already ordered the tranny. I guess I'll wait this one out. I'll be ordering the atlas in a couple more days.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:59 pm

I called Jess today to order the Atlas, and when I said my name, he said 'Hey didn't you get a rear shaft for your 8.8 a while ago when you busted a driveshaft yoke?' Wow, what a memory. Anyway, I ordered an atlas 4.3, 1350 cv flanges F&R, 32 spline F&R outputs, 27 spline input, sight tube, twin sticked, driveline brake, etc. and a 700r4 to atlas adapter, and two d60 1350 yokes. Should be here in three to four days. :D
He said that he would get on AA's case and see if they would push out a 4.0L to 700r4 adapter sooner than six weeks.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Michael » Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:13 pm

Bastard :mad :pimp
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Postby Sexy Evil ST » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:15 pm

Yeah, so did you win the lotto or what?

I know you can't make that much sellin blood. :lol
Sexy Evil ST

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:35 pm

Atlas is here :D as are the shifters and 700r4 adapter.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Michael » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:40 pm

Tranny?
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:02 pm

Still waiting :(
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Michael » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:19 pm

It needs to hurry up and get here so that I don't have to go to barnwell by myself next weekend. I just caught the adapters, Jesse was able to speed those along for you? If he did, he has my business for life.
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto

Postby KF5ZXT » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:12 pm

I called Bow Tie Overdrives this morning. They said that they do not usually do a v6 case 700r4 so they were waiting on an adapter for a v8 engine to v6 case from advance adapters so that they could test the unit in a vehicle. The tranny is ready to go, aside from the testing. Sorry Michael, I was referring to the 700r4 to atlas adapter. But that is no reason not to give Jess your bizz ;)

On a related note, I talked to TAG, and they said that they could get a 700r4 rebuilt for 'a couple hundred bucks' So if any of you are looking to go this route in the future, give TAG a call. Also, they have a 700r4 to atlas adapter there that someone is looking to get $75 bucks for.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:24 pm

I am really thinking of going th C-4 route now. With 4.10 Gears. I can still use it on the Hwy this Way. I just got my A4LD back in and it looks like it might be giving me problems again. So things might be going back to the drawing board. The only thing I have to think about is the T-case selection and the lower the crawl ratio the better.
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby SVO » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:27 pm

SVO

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:02 pm

It's about time they got that adapter out :)

I got the transmission in today. Only it has a two-wheel drive output shaft in it :roll
They are picking it up tomorrow to put in the new output shaft in it, nad will ship it out again the same day they receive it. Now I just have to decide what I want to put this in ;)
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby Michael » Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:27 pm

*cough*Ranger Buggy*cough*
Michael B
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Michael
Demon Reverto