[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 504: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_tag_user.php on line 139: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4708: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Demon4x4.com • View topic - Dan's Dark Thunder - 1998 Dodge Ram 1500

Dan's Dark Thunder - 1998 Dodge Ram 1500

Post and describe member vehicles and their mods.

Re: Dan's Dark Thunder - 1998 Dodge Ram 1500

Postby TxPlates » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:59 pm

I'll say it. Mainly cause dodge blows ass. :p but nice that you made it safely to kris'.

Sent from my iPhone 5 bitch using Tapatalk
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby MrQ » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:42 am

After a year of being driven by my dad, (who couldn't even do basic maintenance) I am now driving the Dodge. I almost forgot How much power this truck has. I can peel out on just half throttle. :finger

Anyways, I finally changed out the year and half oil and filter, redid the spark plugs and wires, and fixed the vacuum leak on the blend door. I also went ahead and threw on a set of 33's, need to recalibrate my speedo however. I also picked up a replacement fender for the passenger side which is still sporting damage from a side swipe 3 years ago. Need to paint it, unless I can find somebody to do it professionally. I am also going to put in a JVC DVD nav unit and an alarm. A rear locker is also in the works if I can find a good deal. On top of that I picked up the parts to fix the A/C as well, but I am going to have a shop professionally vacuum and fill the system.

In other words the truck is getting a complete overhaul that it has desperately needed. With the Explorer in the doghouse, I moved to the Dodge as a daily and, man, that SOHC is damn anemic in comparison with the 5.2. However, with nothing in the bed this truck has no traction in rain, period. In the last storm we had I just sat spinning my wheels trying to turn out onto the highway. Therefor the locker moved up in priority on my list. :8)
-Dan

1998 Ford Explorer 4WD "Red Flyer II"
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD "Tanner"
MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:27 pm

Nice. Since you said the frames are different, prohibiting you from doing a traditional 4x4 swap, how about a non-traditional, i.e. weld some shit on, SAS style, and make this your offroad rig. We need a full size in the group. :D
KF5ZXT
Demon Tranny Killer & Ranger Dick
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Dark Thunder

Postby MrQ » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:05 pm

i am hoping I can procur a locker for the ram. a 4wd conversion is now in the works for the green beast. :-D
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Dark Thunder

Postby KF5ZXT » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:07 pm

Nice. I thought you told me that was not feasible due to frame differences? What all is the plan?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Re: Hidden Falls, November 30, 2013

Postby MrQ » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:18 am

To answer your question Randall, I am going to be doing a complete frame swap. I will essentially be building the truck from the ground up...again.
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby KF5ZXT » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:25 am

KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby MrQ » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:54 pm

Yeah, I am going to pull all the parts together and then hopedully put it all together with some help in a weekend.
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:25 am

Out of curiosity, have you weighed that option vs. a custom front suspension and bracketry welded onto the 2wd frame? Seems like it would be easier and maybe even cheaper to me.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby MrQ » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:36 am

Actually, its cheaper and will make replacement parts easier to find as well as proper modifications. i would love to make a custom setup. but lacking a proper welder and the knowhow it would probably turn into a huge mess.
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby KF5ZXT » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:05 pm

Oh, it seems something is missing from this thread:

:pics

I mean of the Dodge, not the group that it was named after.
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby KF5ZXT » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:13 pm

Only ones I could find:
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby MrQ » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:01 pm

i have some new onez Ill be uploading tonight with the my DvD Nav unit installed.
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:46 pm

So what kind of timeline do you think you're on for the 4x4 conversion/frame swap?
KF5ZXT
CORE Member
CORE Member
Big Dog

Postby MrQ » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:42 pm

That's a tough call right now. The time frame is really going to come down to finding the parts at a decent price and having funding to purchase said parts. I don't see a due date on this project till the middle of next year. Of course that is always subject to change if I get a windfall of parts and/or monies. A lot of of the funding will be coming from next years tax return.
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby TxPlates » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:08 pm

So are you scraping the explorer to do this?
TxPlates
Demon Chef

Postby MrQ » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:13 pm

That is a possibility. The only way I would keep the explorer is if I put a V8 in it, I am tired of that SOHC, its never run right and always had a bit of a rough idle till lately.
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby AgPete139 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:41 am

Why the rough idle? Have you looked into what's causing it?
AgPete139
Legion Member
Legion Member

Postby MrQ » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:14 pm

Multiple times. New air filter, replaced all intake gaskets, iac, maf, fuel filter. Nada.

Last bet was sparkplugs, coil pack or wires, but since the transponder in the key got wiped by pats when I tried to start it it is a moot point..
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby MrQ » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:20 am

Got a possible full size project vehicle in the works (other than Thunder)... crossing fingers.
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby Kris Guilbeaux » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Your keys got erased again?
92 Navajo
92 Explorer Jpx
91 Explorer Eddie Bauer 2dr
99 Mountaineer
Randall's truck spends more time in the Garage than the Trails... :)
Kris Guilbeaux
Demon 4xHoe
CORE Member
CORE Member
Modified

Postby MrQ » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Yup, I wonder if the computer is the one at fault here. It really shouldn't have done that just trying to start it...right?
-Dan

MrQ
Guilbeaux Fan Club
Modified
CORE Member
CORE Member

Postby nice59fordf100 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:54 pm

Well there is always a way to check this..we might have another pcm to put in it and try - cause remember when red wiped the pats key back in moab?
1992 Eddie Bauer 4.0 OHV+5R55E 4WD - "Blue Bandit"
1992 Navajo LX 4WD - "Nasty Hoe Bandit"
1993 Limited 4WD - "Stripe Bandit"
1997 Limited 4.0 SOHC 4WD - "Shade Bandit"
1959 Ford F100 - "Sloopy Bandit"
nice59fordf100
"Read a book"
CORE Member
CORE Member
Stock

Postby KF5ZXT » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:56 pm